how to convert my project 2006 A3 to the new style facelift and fit door mirrors

Cloth ears

Reaction score
Website
www.germancarspares.com
I have just purchased a 2006 Audi A3 3 door 1.9 TDI Sport and I am wanting to facelft the front to the new style front end with the new style door mirrors fitted, can anyone tell me how to fit the new style door mirrors to the car so that the indicators work and also exactly what parts I will require.
I have bought all the front end panels as well as the standard halogen headlights, any info will be much appreciated.
thanks

Thanks for that I have read it but it does not go into the wiring side of it, this is what I have maybe you can guide me on the installation I have a pair of folding new style mirrors with the door modules and the actual wiring loom from both doors as it is a 3 door car I also have the window switch with the folding mirror option.I have put the door modules in and plugged the wire plugs in and the indicators work but the remote locking from the key does not lock the car so what will I need to do or does anyone know of a guide which is more thorough of exactly what needs to be done

Did you use your original door looms & I'm not referring to the mirrors.

Thanks for that I have read it but it does not go into the wiring side of it, this is what I have maybe you can guide me on the installation I have a pair of folding new style mirrors with the door modules and the actual wiring loom from both doors as it is a 3 door car I also have the window switch with the folding mirror option.I have put the door modules in and plugged the wire plugs in and the indicators work but the remote locking from the key does not lock the car so what will I need to do or does anyone know of a guide which is more thorough of exactly what needs to be done

your car is a 2006 and you have changed the door modules over to newer 2010 modules? if this is the case then you would need to rewire the door modules which is indeed a massive job which can take an hour or maybe longer on each side!
the reason why i did not go into detail of the wiring changes in that thread is because i have not documented which wire goes where... its a very long procedure that i did whilst looking through wiring diagrams... that being said there is a long post on that thread with the pin locations of the door modules.

If you just want the indicators to work then you could just do the shortcut way of tapping onto the existing wing indicators and connect it to pin 13 of the mirror loom.

If you want to use the new door modules then you would need to rewire them. I think Nigel would agree with me here when i say its not safe to mess around with the rewiring of it if you are not sure which wire goes where... if you do need that work done then feel free to get either Nigel or me to come and do the install for you. I mean no offence or disrespect to you, i am not saying you are not capable of doing the job but you would need to study ELSA to know exactly what goes where, otherwise you will not have central locking or window controls working.

Ok thanks for that but I do have the door modules and the looms out of the doors for the folding mirrors can I just fit them in and will it all work or can you tell me how to get the wing mirrors working with the indicators and then get them to fold the oem way and the central locking to work.

You're not listening & if you want anyone's help you need to do so.

Read my last post & report back.

central locking folding mirrors is a custom install using another module and its not an easy job. the new looms may solve your issues regarding locking the car, OEM folding mirrors and the indicators... otherwise original looms will need to be repinned.

Thats where your issue lies, as already stated, you need to repin the old loom to work with the new door module or use newer looms to work with the current door systems, its not a 5 minute job & tbh you need to do as stated & either study the elsawin schematics for your year car, engine & box code to ascertain whats what or pay someone to do for you.

Ok so if I use the new door looms into the doors will it be a matter of installing the loom and plugging everything in and then the mirrors will fold as well as indicators will work or will it be more than that as I thought that being as I have all the parts for the folding mirrors it would be just a plug and play and it would be a shame not to use the feature of folding mirrors, what would be the easiest way for me to have the new style mirrors working and folding as if it's to complicated I probably will settle for them just to work with indicators rather than fold.

You would need to code it as well for folding. If you wanted it to fold on lock send me a pm to discuss the prices.
Where abouts are you based?

You've already been advised what you need to do, either repin your existing looms to work with newer door modules or use newer door looms.