Hello and help

cheekymonkey91

Reaction score
Joined the forum to pick a few brains.

I'm 20, mechanic by trade but mostly done retail stuff and nothing too exciting. I find experience is much better than anything else so I trust you boys.

Bought myself an A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S line in Red. 3dr.

Looking to do a few bits and pieces, alloy wheels are currently 18's and will be getting refurb and paint when time/money allows.

I'm looking for some tasty BHP gains, as 200 just isn't enough compared to my colleagues with most of them putting out over 250bhp (subaru, fiat coupe, 2ltr turbo corsa to name just 3 of them)

I can get a full exhaust system sorted out fairly cheap, double decat and then with the remap on top of that with an estimated bhp of about 260-280 i think.. opinion?

Wanted to know people's thoughts of getting a turbo sent of for a hybrid conv, the induction kit replacement because from my experience these tend to do very little but i am unfamiliar with these cars.. any other cool mods i should be looking at doing? timewise i will be doing most of these myself with exception of the remap of course.

Any input would be VERY gratefully received...

Ta

CM

hybriding on the turbo is effective, but if power is your game you might want to look into fitting the s3 turbo and hardware, this will start to seperate you from the bunch ;)

Welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum. Any pics of the car? :)

hybriding on the turbo is effective, but if power is your game you might want to look into fitting the s3 turbo and hardware, this will start to seperate you from the bunch ;)

ah i like that.

what exactly will i need? is it the K04 turbo unit? what about if i wanted to be double dirty, buy a second hand one and send that off to be turned into a hybrid?

What do you recommend regarding intercooler?

And then when i get this car up to scratch with possible S3 hybrid turbo, full stainless decat exhaust, air induction kit, and remap what other engine/transmission components will need upgrading in your opinion?

Appreciate the input.

CM

If youre gonna be doing all that, dont forget about the brakes!!!