Red footwell lighting

markm3006

Reaction score
I know some may think it's tacky but I quite fancy red footwell lights, is it just a bulb change or is there more to it ?
I read on e-bay that some bulbs won't work due to can-bus problems ? :banghead:

Hi mark best to speak to t8ups ...:)

my red lights in the footwells are the ambient lights.
so when i open the doors i get a nice bright white LED light but when i get in and am driving at night i have a nice red glow over the pedals. its not bright at all as the passenger side cannot be noticed until you put your feet (or passengers feet) under it.

i have made some custom adjustments to the footwell area to get the red ambient lights to work.
its really hard to get a picture of it as the light is not bright enough to be picked up by camera.

Ive had red ambient led lighting for a couple of years, makes a big difference
to my interior, its probably a similair set up as it wasnt me :)
ive also got lit door pockets as well as all the usual ambient
lighting, my fave part is the illuminated audi gear knob :)

Ive had red ambient led lighting for a couple of years, makes a big difference
to my interior, its probably a similair set up as it wasnt me :)
ive also got lit door pockets as well as all the usual ambient
lighting, my fave part is the illuminated audi gear knob :)
:sign_pics:

I like the sound of this. I'm going for a red and black interior retrim, and this would set it off nicely. I've already got puddle lights, coming home lights etc. so I assume I've got some kind of lighting pack. Am i right in thinking that this wouldn't be too hard to do?

I've already got puddle lights, interior light pack, coming home lights etc & just want to change the white bulbs to red :yum:
Is this possible ?

If you guys want to open the doors at night and have a red footwell then yes either change the bulbs to red ones or use the red housings you have on the door warning lights to make it happen.
However if you want to have a red ambient glow while driving at night then it's a more involved install which requires some cutting of the panels near the footwell bulbs and some wiring to get the right circuit for the ambient lights.

personally not a big fan of opening up the doors to have the footwell area lit up like the red light district. this looks so much better imo

IMG_0084.jpg

here is a bit of the red glow i am talking about in the footwell area on the pedals as an ambient light (sorry bad quality pic)

0ecacbd9.jpg

Didn't think something like that would still be standard on yours! I need to sort out some interior LEDs. Such a cheap and easy mod, and they transform the interior.

the pedals wernt standard, i fitted them in.
i did have the interior light pack as standard but i have upgraded all the bulbs to white LEDs from Trups