New RNS-E but no aux?

osiris

Reaction score
Fitted a new RNS-E (8P0035193G) and everything seems to work fine after coding except the aux connection. :(

Its shown as active when selecting aux as the source so I really don't know if im missing something. Couldn't find any info on the forum either.

Anyone have any ideas?

rnse.png
aux.png

Did you rewire the quadlock aux in wires (3 I think) into the RNS-E connector ? There is a very recent thread on this with a how-to link.

Yeah as said I had this problem last week, you have to move the grey, yellow and green wires (I think) from the blue connector and into the new connector as said above using that part number, cost me £4.20 for the plug. If you look on the back of the new rinse it will tell you what pins you need to move them to aux R, aux L and aux Grnd are the locations you need them moving to :) HTH

Dan

Thanks for the quick reply guys, didn't rewire or use a different connector. Had the concert cd-player in there first and just put the connector from that into the port at the back of the rns-e

Cool, I shall try and dig about for the how-to cheers

Just out of interest - where did you fit the gps antenna ?

Cheers.

Thanks Dan! Didn't really have a proper look at the labels on the back of the thing doh!!

Lol have a look and use the labels on the back of the old head unit to help you locate the correct wires.

I fitted my gps above the stereo in the dash between the heater vents with a bit if sticky tape, had 8 satellites straight away and had no problems, saves removing the glove box etc and it's virtually in the same place as above the glovebox just centre of the dash instead