California Car Scent Holder "How To"

Blackie

Reaction score
Website
www.desmocorse.net
Bored again tonight and fed up of not having an air fresher holder for the nice cherry smelly.

Found that a Gunk spray lid is the exact size as the scent can

Cut it down enough and level to accept the tin

49705ad3.jpg

2efe050d.jpg

Remove the centre speaker grille

Mark about 1/3 into the grill

Warm up the sticky glue gun

Apply glue to lid and press until held and let it cool

1b88c5b7.jpg

04a47c10.jpg

Refit grill and insert smelly

6127d871.jpg

03e5962f.jpg

b82ff70f.jpg

Now I know what you're thinking , just use double sided tape. Well it's rubbish and does not work

Cheers

Fair play on the effort, and taking pics and the guide.

But i cant help but wonder why lol. I cant stand things on dashes. But each to their own ;)

My California Scent lives under the armrest, out of sight, but not out of smell.

Do you not become immune to them ?

I had a cherry in my 330d, and couldnt smell it anymore. But passengers would get in and say 'oh cherry' all the time lol.

I don't know but now I know it won't roll about and I have my storage back. I could carbon wrap the lid but being black I don't notice it.
i may have to try another flavour

yh i find that i am immune to mine and the same where passengers get in and can smell it all the time.

i was thinking of somehow fitting it behind the airvents maybe by putting some holes into the base metal of the holder and then taking the vent out and putting the scent in and then jamming it into place somehow with the vent again... not a proper idea and i have not tried it but it would defo make the car smell nice all the time

I have cherry in mine, cant smell it at all now! lol

Above the stereo dude. The material to hold the cup is that stretchy material if you know what i mean lol