Double dim cd players

Smithy121

Reaction score
Can these be fitted in Audi A3 54 plates I am thinking of getting 1 any recommendations if they can be put in what 1 to get

Hey saw your post. I am also in evaluating options for changing my existent Symphony headset.
You need to consider many aspects.

1) OEM vs Branded

2) Features? (GPS, DVD, USB, Ipod?)

3) Budget??

4) Existence of amplification etc.

Do let me know. Regards

Hi m8, theres lots of good advice on here regarding stereos etc,
try the search facility, im sure you will find everything you need
there, on a side note, ive fitted a few of the cheap ebay double din
units, which i have found to be buggy and lacking a bit of quality,
you get what you pay for i guess :)

Cal

I've got the Bose system in my 54 plate a3 but do like the double dim cd players around 200 pound price maybe more

Alright, the Bose unit needs a harness as well if you are installing an after market brand (i.e. pioneer, kenwood, sony)

The OEM units are quite pricy (if cheap, probably faulty or stolen)

I would suggest a good Pioneer unit or Kenwood. I am currently pursuing the Pioneer DA 100. I think it is suited for the way i listen to my music but that is just me.

Ok for the double din units to be installed into your car firstly you need to confirm if you already have a single din or double din unit in the car:

single din

audi-a3-concert-II-head-unit.jpg

double din

DSCN2002.jpg

I suspect you have the single din in which case you need to do the conversion as per the guide - DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3

once you have the conversion in then its easy enough to get a RNSE or Pioneer unit in there.

Single and to much hard work for me so will stick to this single din :)

I did one of those conversions for a member last week, takes a couple of hours to do. not that hard and in the end it looks so much better!