Would this be ok for my S3?

DJ-S3

Reaction score
My friend has a ITG MAXOGEN induction kit for sale and he's offered me it cheap. He seems to think it will fit my S3 56Plate. It's from his Seat Leon FR.

itg.jpg

Does anyone know if it will? And wont cause any problems with my car?

Dom

yes it will with no problems. i've bought 2nd hand itg that was on seat cupra and it's great piece of kit. just make sure while fitting it that everything is tight and that there aren't any sharp metal pieces near silicone (i.e. near the batery box and front).

yes it will with no problems. i've bought 2nd hand itg that was on seat cupra and it's great piece of kit. just make sure while fitting it that everything is tight and that there aren't any sharp metal pieces near silicone (i.e. near the batery box and front).

My only worry was that they might be different some how. Like the surface area or something. I know there's different ones for k03 turbo and k04 turbo's. I just don't know anything about the leon fr. Plus i thought it came with a heat shield to stop the heat soak from the engine?

this one with 90° elbow hose that has a small metal pipe on it, is for k04 cars that have dv in front of the engine and that's where diverter hose goes in. if you mean foam type heatshield that's should be near the filter cone then yes, it's supposed to have heat shield, take a look on the forum for the pics, i've got it you can look in my signature for link..if you think it would help you...

this one with 90° elbow hose that has a small metal pipe on it, is for k04 cars that have dv in front of the engine and that's where diverter hose goes in. if you mean foam type heatshield that's should be near the filter cone then yes, it's supposed to have heat shield, take a look on the forum for the pics, i've got it you can look in my signature for link..if you think it would help you...

Your car in one word. AWESOME!!! Cheers for the help. Think i'll buy it. Whats your short shifter like? Side shifter??

thanks mate,

just realized that the itg your friend is selling is from seat FR mine was from Cupra so not sure if it's the same, but that intake on the pic (if it's actual intake) looks just like mine so it should fit. i think k'03 cars don't have dv connection pipe.

i got both shifters fitted, and i love it. front back is set to shortest throw and side side is arround 60-70% shorter because over that i had shifting issues.

seems that he had uprated turbo (maybe k04) ask him.