AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bluefin maps

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSpark View Post
    I really tempted now, but was wondering whether any of you guys can tell me if you noticed any changes in your MPG, improvements or decline after the bluefin map?
    I got +2mpg this morning on my way to work. On that basis my Bluefin will pay for itself in 32,262 miles lol!!
    bo likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2k68 View Post
    I got +2mpg this morning on my way to work. On that basis my Bluefin will pay for itself in 32,262 miles lol!!
    Sweet, a year and a bit payback then!
    A3 3door S-Line 2006 TDI 140 (BKD engine code)

1st Gear

Status
    Looking forward to your review mate. Seriously tempted to get the S3 S-tronic map on my Bluefin device. Only got 1200 miles on my car though so I will wait a little wile yet. Hope it is a 'noght and day' difference on the S3 as it was on my Mkv Gti I had Bluefin'd! For what its worth, I seen quite a good increase in mpg on long runs after I mapped the Gti.

Is your S3 Auto or Manual?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffi View Post
    Looking forward to your review mate. Seriously tempted to get the S3 S-tronic map on my Bluefin device. Only got 1200 miles on my car though so I will wait a little wile yet. Hope it is a 'noght and day' difference on the S3 as it was on my Mkv Gti I had Bluefin'd! For what its worth, I seen quite a good increase in mpg on long runs after I mapped the Gti.

Is your S3 Auto or Manual?
    It's manual,

I'm gonna say at the moment that's it's night and day before I get used to it

1st Gear

Status
    When installing my Bluefin map I had esp and brake warnings flash up on the dash - after the install was complete I switched the ignition off and then back on and they were gone.

Is this normal ? Just used VCDS to reset the fault codes.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob2k68 View Post
    When installing my Bluefin map I had esp and brake warnings flash up on the dash - after the install was complete I switched the ignition off and then back on and they were gone.

Is this normal ? Just used VCDS to reset the fault codes.
    Yep, this is normal. Same happened to mine but its 6 months on and they haven't been back since.

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Cornrattle, how has your weekend with your Bluefin installed been? Has your car settled with the new map? Hope you are enjoying it!! Lets have a review?

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Cornrattle, how has your weekend with your Bluefin installed been? Has your car settled with the new map? Hope you are enjoying it!! Lets have a review?
    Not a lot of miles done this weekend only about 60, the map is behaving itself quite nicely though, there's a noticeable difference up to 3000rpm but once it hits that it really lets rip and sticks you back in your seat way more than before.

Not done enough miles to get a view on mpg yet and doing some reading it seems that it'll take a couple of hundred miles for the map to fully settle down.

I'll report back further during the week but I am impressed so far
    Last edited by CornRattle; 14th May 2012 at 07:58.

On a journey...

Status
    Just for ref claimed gains are +47 BHP and +98NM.

No idea how you guys with 300+ BHP keep the power down but would be great fun !!!!
    4WD Haldex!!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic (2010) - Brilliant Red
    Technology Pack (RNSE 2, Bluetooth, 6-CD stack), BOSE, roof rails, 2 child seats and 310bhp

1st Gear

Status
    With that 20% off I can feel my credit card twitching in my wallet!
    '07 Phantom Black S3

Superchips Bluefin Stage 1
    TTRS FBMFSW
    MY11 Rear Lights
    Auto-lights/Auto-Wipers/Auto-dimming rear view mirror/CHLH retrofit

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ADi Nuff Valves View Post
    With that 20% off I can feel my credit card twitching in my wallet!
    Go on, treat yourself, you know you want too, lol. It would be rude not too. x
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

6th Gear

Status
    Mine just arrived today, very fast delivery. I haven't had time today to install it but will try either tomorrow or Friday and report back.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

"No Skool Like Old Skool"

Status
    Which one would I pick? My A3 is a 2011, 2.0 tdi 140bhp black edition. Would it be the 2003 onwards or the CR option?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1982 View Post
    Which one would I pick? My A3 is a 2011, 2.0 tdi 140bhp black edition. Would it be the 2003 onwards or the CR option?
    They have to take the ECU out flash it then put it back in the car for it to work. I contacted them last week re my 2010 2.0 TDI 140 black edition.

Whole reason I wanted the bluefin was the fact I didn't have to mess with ECU and keep it hidden.

Now gone for a tuning box off DTUK which is awesome so far.
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

6th Gear

Status
    Just installed my Bluefin and on first impressions all i have to say is ...OMG oh why did i not do this earlier.lol Pickup and acceleration is awesome with little if any lag. Throttle response is amazing. I will let the map settle down to get better view of the map, but so far Superchips have done an amazing job.
    Ron

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

Too Much Hype

Status
    Just looking at the bluefin website.

S3 stage 1 is £365. There is also a stage 2 and 3 options for £50 each. What are 2,3 for? Do you buy them after stage 1?

So stage 1 would be +50Bhp and then stage 2 would be another +50hbp. #confused.

1st Gear

Status
    Just installed my Bluefin and on first impressions all i have to say is ...OMG oh why did i not do this earlier.lol Pickup and acceleration is awesome with little if any lag. Throttle response is amazing. I will let the map settle down to get better view of the map, but so far Superchips have done an amazing job.
    Happy days. Love reading positive reviews about Bluefin. I am soooo close to getting the S3 map ordered.

Bird is the Word!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deano670:1595969
    Just looking at the bluefin website.

S3 stage 1 is £365. There is also a stage 2 and 3 options for £50 each. What are 2,3 for? Do you buy them after stage 1?

So stage 1 would be +50Bhp and then stage 2 would be another +50hbp. #confused.
    Stage 2 and 3 are there to take advantage of engine mods, very broadly:

Stage 1 - standard engine
    Stage 2 - aftermarket exhaust and cold air intake
    Stage 3 - As 2 plus high pressure fuel pump, possibly enhanced intercooler.
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

6th Gear

Status
    Happy days. Love reading positive reviews about Bluefin. I am soooo close to getting the S3 map ordered.
    Smiffi just do it, you wont regret it. I was like you contemplating about getting one for almost a year now and all the while knowing i would eventually get one. You might also want to look at the Shark maps for the S3 as i heard they are good, but for the price of a Bluefin at the moment you cant go wrong.
    Ron

1st Gear

Status
    Smiffi just do it, you wont regret it. I was like you contemplating about getting one for almost a year now and all the while knowing i would eventually get one. You might also want to look at the Shark maps for the S3 as i heard they are good, but for the price of a Bluefin at the moment you cant go wrong.
    I'll probably stick to Bluefin as I already have the loader thingy from when I had my MkV Gti mapped.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all so I decided to go with bluefin for a remap.

I bought a reset unit which was used on a vag dsg car. Just have a few question before I Install tomoz.

On dsg cars does the gearbox have to be I neutral when installing?

As the bluefin has been reset how will it know my car is dsg? Does the bluefin need to be registered again?
    Thanks in advance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12