• 1 Post By MTRL
  • 1 Post By Ash187

Thread: A3 Dead Pedal

Neutral

Status

Talking A3 Dead Pedal

Hi all.

Happy bank holiday!

I was wondering if anyone has come across the dead pedal that would fit to a rhd 2010 manual A3. I have changed the pedals and the only thing that would finish it off is a matching dead pedal.

I have spoken to Stoke Audi who mention that there is no such part, would anyone know otherwise?

Would the dead pedal from an S3 be a direct replacement, I have seen the metal version on an S3 last time I was at Preston Audi?

Many thanks in advance guys
    Aky

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I bought a cover from eBay for around £20 which just screws onto the plastic dead pedal

I haven't seen a metal one on a S3 doing you have a pic that would be good
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Ive just fitted my S3 metal pedal cover this morning. Looks real good and cheap as chips off ebay.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Ive just fitted my S3 metal pedal cover this morning. Looks real good and cheap as chips off ebay.
    Haven't got a link have you? What was the price you paid?

Cheers,
    Si
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Currently Driving - 2012 White 3 Door A3 170 Quattro Black Edition with loads of toys! - It's here and I love it!

The King of Cannock

Status
    Heres an old picture of mine straight off ebay need to drill the anchor holes but i think it looks oem

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yh thats how i have it in mine... although i wanted to see the one the OP said he saw in Preston Audi, wondering if there was a different one on that S3 he saw
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Gievf Buckets

Status
    Think the s5 has one guinea pig?

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

Neutral

Status
    Mmm what a pain I am struggling to find a picture as it was a few months ago.

It was a metal dead pedal similar design to the functioning pedals.

3rd Gear

Status
    I have a similar one to B19ctr's ( shown in the picture above ), but mine has S3 cut out and I also made a couple of other changes........

First, I didn't like the bolts as they stood very proud and just looked too aftermarket, so I used a drill to countersink the screws into the metal cover which means they now sit flush and you don't need the big washers that come with the kit.....looks much more OE I think.

Then I got some rubber sheet and cut out sections to fill in the holes so that the rubber part stood proud, again like the OE pedals.....pain in the arse to do but again worth it I think.

One thing I had to do was to cut down the screws which came with the pedal, as they were too long ( on my 2012 S3 SB ) and fouled on the metal plate that the Dead Pedal mounts on to.....once done, it fitted like a dream.

I'd be interested if there is a standard Audi/VAG version though !!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I have a similar one to B19ctr's ( shown in the picture above ), but mine has S3 cut out and I also made a couple of other changes........

First, I didn't like the bolts as they stood very proud and just looked too aftermarket, so I used a drill to countersink the screws into the metal cover which means they now sit flush and you don't need the big washers that come with the kit.....looks much more OE I think.

Then I got some rubber sheet and cut out sections to fill in the holes so that the rubber part stood proud, again like the OE pedals.....pain in the arse to do but again worth it I think.

One thing I had to do was to cut down the screws which came with the pedal, as they were too long ( on my 2012 S3 SB ) and fouled on the metal plate that the Dead Pedal mounts on to.....once done, it fitted like a dream.

I'd be interested if there is a standard Audi/VAG version though !!
    You got any pics mate? Sounds good.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Yeah that what I forgot to mention. Took me about 10-15 mins fiddling with it and not fitting to realise the screws are way too long so junior hacksaw and a file later and all is well.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

Split Grill!

Status
    I put one in on the weekend. I know, I know, its not actually in an S3 but I just like how it looks.
    Cut a sheet of aluminium to size, painted it black with a bit of red behind the S, stuck it to the back to make it match to the other pedals and voila!
    Makes a pleasing addition

Gweev likes this.
    ....................I'll make a build thread one day.

3rd Gear

Status
    I took a couple of i-phone pics to give you an idea of what I did....one is a front shot to illustrate the countersunk screws and the other is at more of an angle to try to show the raised rubber sections ( excuse all of the muck on them and the dirty carpet.....it's was still raining biblically at the time and I did well not to need an aqualung to breath when I took them !!! ). They aren't the best, but you get the idea.

i didn't go for the red 'S' section as i thought it may be a bit too much, but seeing the others on here it actually looks quite good so it may come off again to do that....we'll see.

2nd Gear

Status
    THINK IM GOING TO GET THESE THEY DO LOOK GOOD
    Audi a3 3.2 v6 sport back ,s-line, Dolphin Grey with factory tints, deg sat nav, bose speakers, 18 upgraded alloys, magnaflow exhaust, eibach pro kit springs

1st Gear

Status
    Thread resurrection, but how do you get the damn thing out
    of the car to drill it?
    I can see one screw which once undone doesn't seem to free
    anything? What am I missing?
    I have just modded one of these dead pedal covers and am keen to fit it.
    Waiting on some flanged stainless allen bolts to come first as the fixings that
    come with aren't up to much mind you.
    Mine has reflective red tape behind the S and black gloss vinyl behind the 3.
    Then a piece of Di noc carbon vinyl cut to size to view through the strips.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

there is a screw behind the brake pedal under the cover, then the screw at the top of the actual pedal.
    ones you have taken those out i think you lift the dead pedal up towards the engine and not straight out towards you as there is an angled clip holding it down.

I cant remember if there are any other screws holding it as its been so long since i fitted mine.
    grr666 likes this.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale