A3 Dead Pedal

aky20

Reaction score
Hi all.

Happy bank holiday!

I was wondering if anyone has come across the dead pedal that would fit to a rhd 2010 manual A3. I have changed the pedals and the only thing that would finish it off is a matching dead pedal.

I have spoken to Stoke Audi who mention that there is no such part, would anyone know otherwise?

Would the dead pedal from an S3 be a direct replacement, I have seen the metal version on an S3 last time I was at Preston Audi?

Many thanks in advance guys
Aky

I bought a cover from eBay for around £20 which just screws onto the plastic dead pedal

I haven't seen a metal one on a S3 doing you have a pic that would be good

Heres an old picture of mine straight off ebay need to drill the anchor holes but i think it looks oem

061.jpg

yh thats how i have it in mine... although i wanted to see the one the OP said he saw in Preston Audi, wondering if there was a different one on that S3 he saw

Mmm what a pain I am struggling to find a picture as it was a few months ago.

It was a metal dead pedal similar design to the functioning pedals.

I have a similar one to B19ctr's ( shown in the picture above ), but mine has S3 cut out and I also made a couple of other changes........

First, I didn't like the bolts as they stood very proud and just looked too aftermarket, so I used a drill to countersink the screws into the metal cover which means they now sit flush and you don't need the big washers that come with the kit.....looks much more OE I think.

Then I got some rubber sheet and cut out sections to fill in the holes so that the rubber part stood proud, again like the OE pedals.....pain in the **** to do but again worth it I think.

One thing I had to do was to cut down the screws which came with the pedal, as they were too long ( on my 2012 S3 SB ) and fouled on the metal plate that the Dead Pedal mounts on to.....once done, it fitted like a dream.

I'd be interested if there is a standard Audi/VAG version though !!

I have a similar one to B19ctr's ( shown in the picture above ), but mine has S3 cut out and I also made a couple of other changes........

First, I didn't like the bolts as they stood very proud and just looked too aftermarket, so I used a drill to countersink the screws into the metal cover which means they now sit flush and you don't need the big washers that come with the kit.....looks much more OE I think.

Then I got some rubber sheet and cut out sections to fill in the holes so that the rubber part stood proud, again like the OE pedals.....pain in the **** to do but again worth it I think.

One thing I had to do was to cut down the screws which came with the pedal, as they were too long ( on my 2012 S3 SB ) and fouled on the metal plate that the Dead Pedal mounts on to.....once done, it fitted like a dream.

I'd be interested if there is a standard Audi/VAG version though !!

You got any pics mate? Sounds good.

Yeah that what I forgot to mention. Took me about 10-15 mins fiddling with it and not fitting to realise the screws are way too long so junior hacksaw and a file later and all is well.

I put one in on the weekend. I know, I know, its not actually in an S3 but I just like how it looks.
Cut a sheet of aluminium to size, painted it black with a bit of red behind the S, stuck it to the back to make it match to the other pedals and voila!
Makes a pleasing addition :)

DSC02654.jpg

Reactions: Gweev
I took a couple of i-phone pics to give you an idea of what I did....one is a front shot to illustrate the countersunk screws and the other is at more of an angle to try to show the raised rubber sections ( excuse all of the muck on them and the dirty carpet.....it's was still raining biblically at the time and I did well not to need an aqualung to breath when I took them !!! ). They aren't the best, but you get the idea.

i didn't go for the red 'S' section as i thought it may be a bit too much, but seeing the others on here it actually looks quite good so it may come off again to do that....we'll see.

8cb0ced5.jpg

37d8c232.jpg

Thread resurrection, but how do you get the damn thing out
of the car to drill it?
I can see one screw which once undone doesn't seem to free
anything? What am I missing?
I have just modded one of these dead pedal covers and am keen to fit it.
Waiting on some flanged stainless allen bolts to come first as the fixings that
come with aren't up to much mind you.
Mine has reflective red tape behind the S and black gloss vinyl behind the 3.
Then a piece of Di noc carbon vinyl cut to size to view through the strips.

there is a screw behind the brake pedal under the cover, then the screw at the top of the actual pedal.
ones you have taken those out i think you lift the dead pedal up towards the engine and not straight out towards you as there is an angled clip holding it down.

I cant remember if there are any other screws holding it as its been so long since i fitted mine.

Reactions: grr666