Monster MotorsportChris Nott

Thread: Mats

5th Gear

Status

Mats

Hi peeps,

Has anyone bought after market mats? Any good or should I plump for genuine ones..?? My drivers side is worn.. I've seen some sline ones on eBay but wonder if they are a bit chavy?
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

2. # ADS
    ADS

she's no d-turbo

Status
    OEM rubber mats are the only ones I'd consider.

I don't know how people keep their carpet mats clean, I'd have them filthy in a few days!
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp

5th Gear

Status
    I Hoover mine once a week.. Bloody kids my daughter has her feet all over the back of the passenger seat Grrrr! At least rugby is over for the season for my son. Towel on the seat boots in a bag, and I take two pairs of shoes, change into my clean trainers as i get into the car! Lol
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Audi Heaven

Status
    Genuine ones for me... You may pay a bit more but they will last longer..
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

1st Gear

Status
    Audi A3 04-> 5dr Premium Tailored Car Mats+Sline Logos | eBay

Got these in my car, had em since i got the car ( end of last year ish) been great for me haha
    A3 2006 S-Line Sportback - 2011 Facelift Rear Lights - RNSe - Cruise - Bluetooth - S5 Alloys - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror - Akoya Silver

Future Mods:
    - Facelift "Dumbo" Power Fold, Auto Dimming Wing Mirros
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by reepers View Post
    Audi A3 04-> 5dr Premium Tailored Car Mats+Sline Logos | eBay

Got these in my car, had em since i got the car ( end of last year ish) been great for me haha
    Those are the ones I was talking about, what do they look like in the car, not too much with the sline? Does it look genuine? My worry is does it look to much with the door plates?
    Last edited by OVRA3; 7th May 2012 at 20:04.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Those are the ones I was talking about, what do they look like in the car, not too much with the sline? Does it look genuine? My worry is does it look to much with the door plates?
    I personally like them, dont look too much at all.... Ill take a pic for you tommorow and post up after work if i remember haha. The material its self is really good, and like i said ive had them in the car for around 8 months now? still look good
    A3 2006 S-Line Sportback - 2011 Facelift Rear Lights - RNSe - Cruise - Bluetooth - S5 Alloys - Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror - Akoya Silver

Future Mods:
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

Reverse Gear

Status
    I personally like them, dont look too much at all.... Ill take a pic for you tommorow and post up after work if i remember haha. The material its self is really good, and like i said ive had them in the car for around 8 months now? still look good
    this company now will now also embroider any wording on the mats as well,

Neutral

Status
    I've just bought the OEM Rubber ones from ebay @ £36 - it came from Lincoln Audi, and they are quality and clip into place.

I've previously bought a cheap tailed set before, however they fell apart when I put them through the washing machine. Don't ask me why I did that
    A3 3door S-Line 2006 TDI 140 (BKD engine code)

H88
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moag View Post
    OEM rubber mats are the only ones I'd consider.

I don't know how people keep their carpet mats clean, I'd have them filthy in a few days!
    Same as my lol.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks guys quite like the sline ones! Might have to plump for them :-p

5th Gear

Status
    Picture would be great mate :-)

1st Gear

Status

And finally jsut to show ze car! Hope the mat pics help pal, just got back from work and light is limited outside haha!

Future Mods:
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

5th Gear

Status
    Car looks great mate as do the mats, wheels are nice mate. Not the ones the came with? Don't want to sell your passenger side door lol, or swap for a nice dented one do you? Love the Akoya just a ***** to paint I reckon.. Mine won't be leaving the bodyshop till its bang on! Nervous.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    Car looks great mate as do the mats, wheels are nice mate. Not the ones the came with? Don't want to sell your passenger side door lol, or swap for a nice dented one do you? Love the Akoya just a ***** to paint I reckon.. Mine won't be leaving the bodyshop till its bang on! Nervous.com
    Kinda need the door haha! what happened to yours pal!? - Nah had the standard S-line alloys on when i got it, thought id get some S5 alloys though, make it look a bit more unique

Like i said ive had the mats for a while and they are getting a tad worn now but the material quality from that ebay company is pretty good!

LONG LIVE AKOYA SILVER!

p.s. the rear floor mats have no S-Line embroidery, just the front 2

Future Mods:
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

5th Gear

Status
    Kinda need the door haha! what happened to yours pal!? - Nah had the standard S-line alloys on when i got it, thought id get some S5 alloys though, make it look a bit more unique

Like i said ive had the mats for a while and they are getting a tad worn now but the material quality from that ebay company is pretty good!

LONG LIVE AKOYA SILVER!

p.s. the rear floor mats have no S-Line embroidery, just the front 2
    Someone decided they couldn't reverse around me :-(

[IMG][/IMG]

I think I need those wheels are they a straight fit?

1st Gear

Status
    Oh no! Some people are just idiots! The amount of times people have just changed lanes on me without checking mirrors is so annoying!

Alloys were a straight swap, 18" also, so took the tyres off the old alloys and stuck em on these cause they were brand new...

Future Mods:
    - Bi Xenon Headlights
    - Rear S3 Valance

- Ish -

5th Gear

Status
    Nice work.. Thanks another thing I have to spend money on lol :-p seriously look good though aaaaaaakkkkkkooooooouyyyyyyyaaaaa