EM TuningSky Insurance
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: Went to view an A3 S-Line.....

Reverse Gear

Status

Went to view an A3 S-Line.....

Hi all,

I went to view a Black A3 3 door S-Line 2.0 TDI 170 yesterday, it was fully specced up with Sat nav, full leather, multi-function steering wheel etc. but it had a couple of issues, one being that the boot had water in it, under the lift up carpet, it hadn't gone into the spare wheel well but was all around the top of it. There were no obvious signs of where the water had got in there but it was a little worrying. Is there a common fault on A3s where water gets in? The other issue was that the drivers door had a squeak when driving along normally as if it was moving up and down against the seals. Other than that it was a beautiful car. I've had a look around and finding a fully specced car like this is very difficult. I've found similar cars but without the sat nav, do these cars still have the nice sounding speaker system? It sounded as if it had a subwoofer?

Looking on the net I've found a couple of places that retro-fit new sat nav systems to the cars, if I went down this path would the directions appear on the dash computer and would the multi-function steering wheel work with it? Sorry for all the questions but this will be my first Audi and I'd like it to be perfect

Thanks

Dan

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    ​Hi Dan, welcome to ASN. Have a read in the faqs threads at the top of this section, it may answer some of your questions. Hope you enjoy the forum
    mozza1202 likes this.
    Smaller (Local) Events
    Audi-Sport.net online magazine.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP.

2nd Gear

Status
    Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
    i assume it was an 8p A3 you went to see then? . . You may have more luck posting in the 8p section

5th Gear

Status
    The water could be due to the common problem of the washer for the rear wiper leaking, mine leaks too. It's a new wiper motor I think about 130 quid. I think most of them suffer from this..
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    So sat navs (RNSE) and the mfsw can be retrofitted and are fairly easy to do. The RNSE is expensive (about 500+) so bare that in mind.
    also the subwoofer you heard is probable a car that had the bose sound system installed so if you liked that then keep a look out for a car that has that. You will know if it has Bose as the front door speaker grills will have the Bose logo on it.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

Reverse Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Dan_Sykes;1574023]Hi all,

I went to view a Black A3 3 door S-Line 2.0 TDI 170 yesterday, it was fully specced up with Sat nav, full leather, multi-function steering wheel etc. but it had a couple of issues, one being that the boot had water in it, under the lift up carpet, it hadn't gone into the spare wheel well but was all around the top of it. There were no obvious signs of where the water had got in there but it was a little worrying.

I had the exact same issue with mine when i bought it, fix was free. the last person to change the rear bulb had not seated the rubber grommet in the rear 1/4 panel causing rain water to tricle between the lamp and car body. the whole rear light unit needs to come out for a bulb change, and two prongs on the light unit 'sit' in to the grommts. If you need new grommets they are pennys. it could also be as pointed out the common rear washer problem.

3rd Gear

Status
    The stock audio setup has a sub too (apart from the boggo SE model with the basic 2 speaker jobby).

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

the sub on the stock system is really crap and doesnt have a good enough thud on bass. then again the bose isnt that much better but still an improvement
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    So sat navs (RNSE) and the mfsw can be retrofitted and are fairly easy to do. The RNSE is expensive (about 500+) so bare that in mind.
    It's a bargain as it's £2200 iirc new/from audi.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

tis true that! but i prefer the Pioneer units with their new line up of App radio systems
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Are you sure it was the door? My 3dr window creaked when it was fully up, but if you flicked the window switch to remove the "pressure" off it (without dropping it) it stopped.

Audi Heaven

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesO View Post
    The water could be due to the common problem of the washer for the rear wiper leaking, mine leaks too. It's a new wiper motor I think about 130 quid. I think most of them suffer from this..
    Replaced mine last week, £106 all in from Audi.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Replaced mine last week, £106 all in from Audi.
    Including fitting? Sounds cheap if it did.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the replies, it didn't have a BOSE system in it but in the A3 brochure it says that if you have the Sat Nav you can't have BOSE, is this true?! Also I can't put my private plate on the car that I viewed as it was 6 months too old Finding another in black with all the extras ticked is like finding a needle in a haystack I'd go to an S3 but 22MPG is a BIG no no. How often does an S-Line fully specced crop up? I had a look in a 2007 A4 S-line but the interior doesn't feel as special as the A3 and the rear legroom was shocking! With the seat fully back there was about 2" of space!! There was MUCH more in the A3.

3rd Gear

Status
    What's wrong with a fully loaded sport ? Just change the wheels and the car will be virtually the same. I know mine is

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lgooch View Post
    What's wrong with a fully loaded sport ? Just change the wheels and the car will be virtually the same. I know mine is
    Thanks! I'll take a look

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lgooch View Post
    None of the guys on here worry about spec to much they just spec up themselves afterwards... Some great stuff on here and I am sure you would get loads of help getting the car just how you want it!
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth