Exhaust Trims

TimG

Reaction score
A while back there were a couple of threads about adding exhaust trims to the TDI tailpipes. I never got round to buying the ones people were using from Ebay, and now the seller has ceased trading :(

Has anyone used these trims below or anything similar that has turned out to be a decent fit/buy?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Cheers

I used similar on my 330d. Welder was broke at the time, so ended up fitting them anyway. Had down turned pipes as standard, fitting was fine, but soot used to build up, and get a massive plume of smoke if i nailed it.
Tho i rarely did.

When i get round to doing my A3, ill definately cut the pipes, and weld the tipes. Think the later ones had straight pipes though ?

Has anyone used these trims below or anything similar that has turned out to be a decent fit/buy?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Cheers

I bought one of these a couple of months back - looks OK, BUT it is always seems to be rusty - I seem to have to take it off and polish the rust off it every couple of weeks.

The other thing to point out is that it's straight cut, whereas the existing tailpipe is cut at an angle and you can see the original pipe inside the chrome one - prob just my OCD kicking in - lol