P.R.N.D.S flashing

badi

Reaction score
I will be really gratefull if some one can help me, im driving audi a3 tdi 05 plate numb, this two weeks todrive but the car can not drive more then 30 mph and if you try to revers car can not be reversed, on dashbord the sign P.R.D.S. is flashing

what can i do as i dnt know much about the cares

for threedays if uturntheengine off andtry again the flashing with go but in 10 minute the same problem again

thank you

Post your question in the 8P section - your car is an 8P not 8L.

I don't think it's a problem that will go away by leaving the car off for 3 days or 3 years unfortunately.

Common problem. Mechatronic unit failure. Go see Audi, it 'may' be under warranty if you have full dealer service history.

used to get this on older audi a4s/a6s. they had a transmission "range" sensor on the side of the gearbox that used to go faulty.
dont think these have that tho. but it'll be along those lines...... the gearbox ecu doesnt know/cant tell what gear its in, thats why the p/r/d/s is flashing??

id get it fault code read etc. if its a known fault then complain to audi for a contribution??

can a mod move this thread to the 8p section for you?

used to get this on older audi a4s/a6s. they had a transmission "range" sensor on the side of the gearbox that used to go faulty.
dont think these have that tho. but it'll be along those lines...... the gearbox ecu doesnt know/cant tell what gear its in, thats why the p/r/d/s is flashing??

id get it fault code read etc. if its a known fault then complain to audi for a contribution??

can a mod move this thread to the 8p section for you?

Thread moved to 8P. :)