Audi a3 help

Smithy121

Reaction score
Hi bought Audi a3 54 plate 85k miles everything is fine BUT the clutch I think when I'm in 1st but clutch is down its moving forward still only sometimes and when go to go in first gear some times I have to let clutch up then do it again any1 help or know the problem thanks

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP

No need to shout mate!!

Be patient, you need to give members time and not insist on a reply within an hour especially the time of night you posted.
As I said, be patient and someone will surely be along soon to give you advice.

No need to shout mate!!

Be patient, you need to give members time and not insist on a reply within an hour especially the time of night you posted.
As I said, be patient and someone will surely be along soon to give you advice.

Fair enough thanks

maybe best explaining it a little better i struggled to follow what you were saying

Yeah and me, post didn't make much sense!

Got Audi a3 54 plate my ideal car :) but there is a fault with clutch or something,when I'm in 1st gear sitting at say traffic lights with clutch to the floor the cars still finding the bite and edging forward and sometimes go to put in 1st gear and it won't go but when release clutch and do again it finds gear hope this is better

ahh, makes more sense now hmm how new is the car?, had any work recently?, how does the clutch pedal feel solid all the way?

Are these A3's Hydraulic clutches? not had mine long enough to look but if when you pump the pedal you are able to select a gear then it sounds like clutch needs bleeding

Are these A3's Hydraulic clutches? not had mine long enough to look but if when you pump the pedal you are able to select a gear then it sounds like clutch needs bleeding

Hi really thanks for replys and bought this 2 weeks ago had it tested on computer at garage and had fault with diesel flap got it cleaned and light went off there was loads of gunk in it but after turning engine on 4 times light is back on,but apparently had new clutch 2 months ago,and had new glow plugs put in this aswell thanks

If the clutch was changed 2 months ago then maybe take it back to where you bought the car and get them sort it as it should still have warranty.

I bought private but checked it all out just annoying as only that problem and need it done and there is a lot of people on here who know a lot more about it than me :) so can any one suggest

exactly sounds like there is something causing the engaugement wrong fluid or mis alignment etc anything is possible

So its nothing major then as it drives really well other than that and my Bose sound system does struggle to play copy CDs and one recommend 1s that work o and mine is audi A3 TDI

its pretty major unless you fancy getting the clutch done again id get it looked at sooner rather than later, audi cd player dislikes copies yes, could always buy my rns-e sat nav unit and use memory cards they done mind just mp3 files :)

yes it isnt functioning correctly and i would expect it may be damaging the clutch that is installed

probably a single grill mod, rns-sat nav, interior trims, wheels, new taillights all of these have big effect on looks and are relatively cheap lots of bang for your buck

Some nice new air vent covers would be nice, not too expensive either. :)

​Which mods you looking to do? We have a good classifieds section on here.

I'm interested in the grill and any others to be honest ?

I have some stuff or sale, like a nice pioneer stereo and a nice multifunction steerin wheel :)

click on the link in my sig below!

ebay you need to spend time trawling or go through the classifieds like i said i have an rns-e i can supply pm me

Is there any single grills about and mine is 54 plate is it classes as 2004 or 2005 unsure lol

So what do u need and what's the price like for this as want it done

bonnet around 100-150
bumper 100-150
grill around 100

if you look on ebay you might get lucky

P5snd what would you suggest on getting to make my audi stand out and how do I get my back window wiper to work

Smithy, it won't be the clutch itself. Could be either the slave or master cylinder. It is fed from the brake fluid reservoir and the slave cylinder is on top of the transmission, you get at it by removing the air filter box. The garage might have let air get into the system when they replaced the clutch. It has to be pressure bled (can't do it by pumping the clutch pedal.)

If you pump the pedal 2 or 3 times and hold it down, put it in gear and it still tries to move off then one of the cylinders probably needs replacing.

P5snd what would you suggest on getting to make my audi stand out and how do I get my back window wiper to work

one question at a time

styling is something that should be done to your own taste, wheels normally do help a lot though

as for the wiper what happens when you push the stalk forward at your wheel do you hear a noise or does it just not work? have you had a look for corrosion

Smithy, it won't be the clutch itself. Could be either the slave or master cylinder. It is fed from the brake fluid reservoir and the slave cylinder is on top of the transmission, you get at it by removing the air filter box. The garage might have let air get into the system when they replaced the clutch. It has to be pressure bled (can't do it by pumping the clutch pedal.)

If you pump the pedal 2 or 3 times and hold it down, put it in gear and it still tries to move off then one of the cylinders probably needs replacing.

This seems to sound like the problem

one question at a time

styling is something that should be done to your own taste, wheels normally do help a lot though

as for the wiper what happens when you push the stalk forward at your wheel do you hear a noise or does it just not work? have you had a look for corrosion

Nothing happens and thanks for help

You're welcome! :icon_thumright:

So is that easy to fix and thanks as sounds like it is that,as when in 1st gear it's edges forward and happens randomly your feedback will be great :)

Sounds like a slave cylinder fault. Mine was leaking and I had the same symptoms. New slave cylinder, clutch, dual mass flywheel, master cylinder and £1000 later I had my car back on the road.