Badger5Chris Nott
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    6th Gear

Status

Re: 1st Service cost for a A3 (2004) 2.0Tdi Sport

[ QUOTE ]

I also now need two new front tyres as they are down to 2mm after 18,630 miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey,19k out of front tyres and 50+ mpg ?

I think you'd win the award for gentlest driver on here David.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

I also now need two new front tyres as they are down to 2mm after 18,630 miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey,19k out of front tyres and 50+ mpg ?

I think you'd win the award for gentlest driver on here David.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're conti 2's then that's pretty quick actually, considering he has got narrower tyres ( 16" rims ) also.

The tyres are Dunlop SP Sport 01s. The rear tyres still have about 5mm left. I've been quoted 84.00 all-in for the replacements.

Bowfer, smoothest perhaps, but gentlest. Depends what you mean. My normal day-to-day driving is generally around 20 mph over the speed limit on motorways and dual-carriageways, and a little less on clear single carriageways. Higher in Germany where there are less speed limits and very few cameras. I also corner at speeds faster than a lot of traffic but not at tyre squeeling speeds.

What I was taught when I learned to drive many years ago and in a couple a driving courses I've done since with police driving instructors, was to try and try as smoothly as possible - smooth positive and rapid accelleration and smooth rather than sudden braking. Also to use the full flexibility of what ever engine is under the bonnet, but with using excessive revs.

6th Gear

Status

I can only assume cruising must improve the MPG and tyre wear significantly,which stands to reason I suppose.
    We don't exactly get the chance to cruise much up here,seeing as the nearest official 'M' road is 140 miles away...
    I was reasonably happy with 47 mpg through the incredibly twisty and hilly Trossachs' road,but I didn't enjoy the namby-pamby featherlight touch style of driving it took to get it.

Your right about the improvement in MPG when cruising. When I drove to Austria I went almost all the way (950 miles) on motorway and even with cruising at mostly around 100/110mph I was still got around 55 mpg.

I do live close to the A1 dual-carriageway and do use it to at least start most longer journeys. Where possible I always choose a route using motorways and dual-carriageways, execpt if I go out locally to drive just for fun, when I tend to choose country lanes.

Neutral

Status

Just a quick update! About 6 weeks ago, I visited Doncaster Audi, and they quoted 169 inc vat. I asked them to double check as it seemed very low compared to the local Oxford area who qouted me 231 plus vat. They insisted that this was correct. I was going to make a day of it and save some dosh, but have now contracted to sell the car.

2nd Gear

Status

Well, just had mine serviced at Dundee Audi. 152 all in. Washed and vacuumed, though I've seen better jobs made of that as my wheels aint too shiny. No problems though and decent service from the staff.

Couldn't fix my rattle though but I guess thats par for the course. They want me to go out in it with the technician to help him spot it. Hopefully that will get fixed soon too.

Pedal to the Metal!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funkycat View Post
    You Guys! Those dealers up North and the in East have seen you coming! I'd speak to Audi UK!

I just had mine serviced at Parklands Audi in Gloucester. As with you, it was the 1st service at 18k. It cost me a whole 201 inc VAT, plus collection from home, and returned to my home, washed, hoovered, old phone bracket removed ready for new one, and the wheels waxed! How's that for service. They also told me that the next one at 40K will be 300 as the DSG gearbox oil has to be changed.

I was very impressed with that. My wife has this thing that Audi are expensive, but her Peugeot 206 Diesel costs us about 150 for service, the dealer is mile away, and I have to take the car to them. They do wash it though! She was very impressed by the service Parklands offer, she now wants an A2!!!

This will ensure I order my next car from Parklands I reckon, even though I have Northfield Audi (Tetbury) slightly nearer.

All Hail Parklands Audi!!!

Funkycat [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]
    You lucky fella, i have had nothing but problems from them.
    I sent my A3 in there to fix a faulty lock on the door, it kept fallin out. And the car front seats no longer slided back to normal after tilting forward (3dr) immediately after this. This is on both seats and i knew it wasnt me as I thought they might have pressed a button that disabled the feature.
    Turns out that the link up cable had been snapped on both seats.
    Another Bad previous experience as well but wont bore you!
    So changed to Worcester, they are top notch!

1st Gear

Status

service

This was my cost from stafford Audi
    20K Serivce (a.k.a long life) on my A3 TDI s-line.
    Cost me 175.00 inc vat...(EBAY PROMOTION)
    plus
    Aircon refill 69.99
    Brake fluid 69.99
    The also washed and vacuumed the car and washed and removed some scratchs from the rear bumber. I also had an A4 as a courtesy car for the day

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123