Current S3 Orders?

Louay

Reaction score
With the arrival of the next generation A3 in September, are Audi likely to phase out the current S3 sportback and stop taking orders for them around the same time?

Would someone kindly explain the phasing out of current models i.e S3 sportback because i'd hate to miss the opportunity to make a killing at the stealers!!

Some advice on timelines would be appreciated and when, going upon, the latest mule developments of the next S3 are Audi likely to cut off orders for the current model.

Thanks Guys

L

I have just had an order for a 3 door S3 rejected as no more are being produced. The cut-off date was 13th March for the 3 door. They are still producing the 5 door including the S3 and RS3. Not sure how long for though. There is also no plans for a release of the next generation S3 until 2014.

ref the last post, how have you left things with you order? have audi offered you a deal ?

Strange. Which Audi dealer rejected your order and how come the 3 door is still available to configure on the Audi site? Can anyone else shed some light and advice please to my thread and first reply?

I made a complaint to Audi UK's managing director. The next day I received a call from them and they looked into getting something on the production line for me. Unfortunately they couldn't :( They organised a meeting with the dealer and managed to find me a bran new, close to my spec S3 inbound to UK stock. It had everything i had ordered other than the bucket seats and folding mirrors.

I pick it up Thursday :)

Reactions: RedDejavu
I asked why the 3 door S3 was still available on the site and it soon disappeared. No idea why the A3 3 door is still there. I ordered mine on 3rd April and it was rejected nearly 3 weeks later.

Which audi dealer was this? And please, anyone else shed some light?L

I don't want to name and shame to be honest as they have been good to me on price and work to find me another. I do know however that ALL dealers were advised that no orders are to bebplaced after 13th March 2012.

So 8P S3 3 door orders virtually stopped during the Geneva motor show, though you can still order standard A3's? So when Audi decide to announce the next generation A3 sportback are we to assume that current S3 sportback orders will cease to be satisfied? Going on the A1 it took about a year before the A1 sportback was announced, however, that was a completely new model all together! Some expert advice would be good here me thinks?

L

You can order a sportback up until 28th sep providing it can be delivered before the end of December it seems.

Why and where did you hear the 28th of september? For S3 sportbacks?

Drive the deal show the time you can order.

2nd apr to 28th sep and the car must be delivered by 28th dec

can't believe audi are taking this long to release pricing for the new A3 :motz:

com'on audi get your finger out :asskicking:

The new models are not going on sale until q4 they say so no doubt it will be a few months yet before they release prices/specs

can't believe audi are taking this long to release pricing for the new A3 :motz:

com'on audi get your finger out :asskicking:

I was on holiday in last week in Germany and called in to a large Audi dealer and they do not yet have any brochures or prices lists. They told me they would have them, together with there first demostrators in early August.

As far as the new S3 is concerned I did see an item on the Auto Express website which showed some spy shots of the new S3 which said that it will have a 280hp 2.0L engine with quad exhaust outlets. It should be available in mid-2013.

What is it that you actually want to know? I go into the dealer tomorrow to have my current A3 valued so I could ask for you.

He wants to know how long he has to order a sportback before the current model ceases production. I've already answered that so not sure what else there is to add :\

Well based on my experience I would buy one now!

My thoughts exactly, you can always put a deposit down and say you don't want it until the new reg is due.

That's what I'll be doing the second I sell my current car