What a load of F-ing grrrr.......

IceHanger

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
can anyone guess?

The engine cover / airbox / maf housing...what a ****e design!!! as soon as I can afford the ITG system it's going on.
could I get it off with a warm engine...could I heck:wtf:...kneeling in the engine bay and swearing...result

Now after checking the intake and turbo system for splits and plugs....can I ****** get it back on!!!!!!:banghead:

rant over:aggressive:

Mines a doddle now but yes it's a right ball ache when it's not been removed for a while. Another reason why I knew Guildford Audi had done **** all the the Jaffa

Absolute b*ll ache...!

I went to Harrogate Audi to ask a tech to loosen it (afraid of breaking the cover) and they told me that they couldn't do it for me but only instruct - sounds like he had broken a few in his time and didn't want the risk. I tried the warm engine trick and in the end just pulled so hard that I actually broke the rubber mount.

Good tip is to put some copper slip onto the rubber nodules to make it easier next time. (Although I haven't had it off since!)

easy way to get it back on is to spray some Furniture Polish on the rubbers! slides on easy