A Little bit of detail

HLZ Bells

Reaction score
After seeing a thread on here a few weeks ago that someone had poasted regaurding some nice little interior trim detailing i thought id like a bit of that! but dont want to be paying silly money

So got to thinking and fired up adobe illustrator and set out a vector design on the laptop ready to cut with a plotter.

Removed the glovebox trim ( to my suprise its metal ) re-think on what i was going to do, took the trim to work that night to work a little magic on it and here is the result which im very happy with, all it took was a little time on the laptop and plotter and some time at work .

P1050624.jpg

P1050626.jpg

P1050630.jpg

P1050629.jpg

Might have another go at one but do red in the logo where it shoud be !?!

The red should be the square the S overlaps.

Not keen on the Black Edition font, though - it doesn't fit with the S-Line and needs something sans-serif at the very least.

That looks really good. Not sure it needs the red. I'm sure there's a lot of other little brushed alloy bits that you could do too.

The red should be the square the S overlaps.

Not keen on the Black Edition font, though - it doesn't fit with the S-Line and needs something sans-serif at the very least.

Thanks for the feed back...... i know what you are saying but wanted to go with a different font to the audi one and a lot of " Edition's " use that type of font. i really wanted new times roman but with the lettering being so fine and small the plotter had trouble cutting it and had to think of the next prosses required to get the result.

That looks really good. Not sure it needs the red. I'm sure there's a lot of other little brushed alloy bits that you could do too.

Thanks ... yeah you could be right there about the red, sometimes simple is often best. yeah any of the brushed alloy can be done, in that black edition there are only the glovebox and doior handles so thats it for mine.

i like the idea and kudos for the work!

Thanks, its kinda satisfying to do it ya self rather than get it of the shelf at a cost.

Would you be interested in making another for my BE? perhaps have the Black Edition font the same as in the Audi brochure? I can't find any other font so is this the one mentioned?

Would you be interested in making another for my BE? perhaps have the Black Edition font the same as in the Audi brochure? I can't find any other font so is this the one mentioned?

sorry to be the one that says it but this car has been stolen and is on another thread... just saying cos i dont think the OP will be thinking straight right now.