Stage 2 remap on pd170 question?

Sliding-R

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm quite new on here, tend to search alot but haven't found the answer that I'm after so here we go.

Getting the a3 tdi pd170 s line sportback mapped with dpf delete on tuesday.

Now I'm wondering how well will the clutch last with stage 2- this could be 225hp and 350ftlbs afaik

I have expressed my concern to the tuner and he said he could back the power off to more like 205hp to keep this in mind. I would personally want all but don't want the clutch to go in a week.

What are people's opinions?

Thanks

It's not about the power, its how you drive it.
Also how many miles has it done etc

But at full power it's not the best and you would eventually need an updated clutch around £1000

Any other questions etc pm me

I've been running a remap with 330lbs ft torque for the last 14,000 miles and so far so good; my car has just clocked over 46,000 miles

It's down to two things; how you drive and how that power is delivered

OY57UTM.gif

had mine done for over a year and a half now and having no problems with clutch and i drive mine pretty hard aswell.

Thanks for your replies.

Bagey what torque/power is yours running?

Have been doin a bit more hunting and found out that stock clutches are pretty ok for stage 2. Have also read that s3 clutch is very similar if not same, but I don't know this to be true.

The car has done 70k and has full dealer history.

a friend of mine had a pd140 remapped to ~195hp, unsure of the torque figure. but to be easy on the gearbox (was an auto) he had a progressive map installed which didnt give all the power straight away. You could do the same? but then u may find urself struggling when u wana launch the car properly

havent got actual figures mate but got it done at shark performance ,shud be about 220bhp and 300+ torque , ive had a few old s3"s ive came up against . ive also been told that the pd 170 is a hard engine to dyno properly . im going to pull my finger out and get it done ill let u know fella. everyone who jumps in is amazed how quick it is .