AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Spacers wont fit :(

Ah went to fit my front spacers today, bought them off the forum in the classifieds. I managed to fit my rears so thats a plus point but the 10mm fronts dont seem right to me.

Basically the centre bore is correct but the spacer does not sit flush with the hub as shown in the photos below. Has anyone come across this before?

2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    On the back of the spacer that 'should' sit flush with the hub, is there a chamfered edge? There should be to allow it to sit flush.

They look like quite cheap spacers from the pics?

5th Gear

Status
    Hi yep there is a chamfered edge on the back of the spacer, its like a step where it sits on the hub centre. Yep i bought them in the classifieds and was unaware of this.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    So basically the centre bore cant be big enough to allow them to slide over the locator on the hub?

Sideways

Status
    How tight are they? Would a little bit of lubrication and some percussive engineering get it on? Or just mark it down as experience and shell out for some h&r spacers.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

5th Gear

Status
    Yep that is correct, i thought about cleaning the hub but even then it will still be out a few mms

5th Gear

Status
    They are pretty tight they centre perfectly and the holes for the bolts line up. I would say they are around 3mm out. Iv read a few posts that have had similar problems and even the bimec spacers which people run have had the same problem.

However the ebay seller just states in his listing

"
    PLEASE NOTE: THE HUB SPIGOT ON THIS VEHICLE CAN BE OVER 10MM IN DEPTH AND PREVENT THE SPACER FROM SITTING FLUSH WITH THE DISC. ALTHOUGH THIS IS UNUSUAL WE STRONGLY ADVISE THE KIT IS FITTED BY A QUALIFIED MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN TO MAKE SURE IT FITS FLUSH TO THE DISC .

5th Gear

Status
    BDW that is not the seller i bought them off but the listing for bimecc spacers mentions that. Im running brand new FKs on the rear which were perfectly fine however they were 13mm. I didnt get the chance to check them on the front though

5th Gear

Status
    It 100% needs to sit flush mate. You cant fit a wheel onto that! Get rid and get some proper spacers that fit!

5th Gear

Status
    Yer, Not going to risk doing anything with them i didnt bother fitting them at all. I have PMd the seller if i could return them.

Now what to buy next, Im leaning towards the FKs as they are considerably cheaper than the H&Rs. Tim which spacers have you run on your A3

6th Gear

Status
    I BOUGHT THESE HAD NO PROBELMS WITH THEM

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks dude i will look into them. So they sat absolutely flush at the front?

Iv PMd damian about the FKs for the front i wont need the bolts as i have bought everything for the spacers now.

6th Gear

Status
    farhan, I'm selling my front and rear spacers if your interested, 10mm front and 12mm rear, but will only sell as a set if your interested
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers paolo, I am really interested but i already have the rear set DOH lol

6th Gear

Status
    sell them and get a proper set on haha
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

5th Gear

Status
    LOL i would but the rear set are perfect and i bought the rears brand new. Plus they are 13mm so im dubbing with that wholesome extra 1mm of win.

lol sell me your fronts and we have a deal!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    I BOUGHT THESE HAD NO PROBELMS WITH THEM

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    How does that price compare to H&R spacers? I always thought Hubcentric were made by H&R not Creation Motorsport. Shows how much I know!!

6th Gear

Status
    haha, na need to sell them as a set as will be easier to sell, am in no rush to sell any of the mods as that won't be funding the new car so need to do whats easiest mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry to crash the thread, but how much are you looking for for your spacers jungleman as I'm in the market for a set.

6th Gear

Status
    why not get the ones you bought machined out to fit?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by murran View Post
    why not get the ones you bought machined out to fit?
    No point at all as i would be better returning them. They seem fine and in really good condition but its just my car at the front has the deeper hub ring. Iv found out not all the cars do but some of the 08 onwards do i think.

Most of the 10mm spacers might give me this same problem aparts form the H&R ones which seem to be fine according to the US audi forums.

Happens alot in the US as well with the ECS spacers where by they are fine for the majority but for some peoples cars they had the same problem as the hub ring is deeper.

I now know why its impossible to machine out 8mm to be wheel centric and why H&R charge so much for that 8mm, It seems even on some 10mm brands there is not lots of material to make a deeper hub centre for some cars as i had a look closely at the spacer and it would be difficult to machine it without going through....Or from what i gather some manufacturers make 11mm spacers so it gives them that extra mm.

2nd Gear

Status
    I bought bimecc ones and had exactly the same problem for the 10mm ones (which actually measured 12mm), i complain and got most of my money back. I took them to a local machine shop to try and get them turned down a bit but they could not do it. (actually destroyed the middle hubcentric bit which came away)

In the end i bought some ones from DPM which are 100% fit for the front
    S3 gone but not forgotten, now on a Golf R

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhan View Post
    Yer, Not going to risk doing anything with them i didnt bother fitting them at all. I have PMd the seller if i could return them.

Now what to buy next, Im leaning towards the FKs as they are considerably cheaper than the H&Rs. Tim which spacers have you run on your A3
    Either H&R or Eibach, I cant remember now, I've had so many different sets over the years! I've never had an issue with either of these or FK's though.

I'm only running rears atm.

5th Gear

Status
    Right all today i went out to measure the hub lips, Now im slightly concerned here as i measured the hub ring from the flat part of the hub.

Please see photo below of the problem im facing

The hub lip measures around 12mm from the flat part of the hub. It would be impossible to get a 10mm spacer on the fronts because of this as the metal thickness being only 10mm would still leave me a gap of around 2mm. I would say close up it looks more like 11mm-12mm at the most.

Would anyone be able to advise? And how safe would it be for me to run a 8mm hubcentric spacer without the wheel centric lip? I understand the 8mm ones do not allow enough of the hub lip for the wheel to sit on but in my case....With this longer hub lip i have a few more mm to play with?

5th Gear

Status
    Hi mate. I run a 8mm non hubcentric spacer on the rear with no issues whatsoever. As I said above mine are either H&R or Eibach ones. Its a bit of a pain mounting the wheel without the lip to locate it, but once on its fine.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Farhan also look at Forge ones. I been running them for over a year no problems! cheaper than H&R
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers Rye, i have ordered some of the creation motorsport ones which were recommended above. I made sure that if they dont fit i can get a refund. I think they should be ok as they gave me measurements over the phone and its 8mm gapping and then an extra 8mm within the wheel centric ring which is a 45 degree bezel. The current ones dont have any space for the 45 degree bezel so just dont slot on correctly.

I will try those ones failing that ill give forge ago....If forge dont fit then im taking out a mortgage for the H&Rs LOL.

5th Gear

Status
    Right lads, want to clear this one up incase anyone else has a similar problem.

Good news my new spacers FIT perfectly. As mentioned by TDI-Man the ones on the ebay link are perfect and have enough material to allow them to fully sit flush on the hub.

The quality of the spacers also looks extremely good, I would recommend them to everybody as they are very reasonable as well and guaranteed to fit.

Incase the ebay link expires - They can be bought direct on the following website

10mm Hubcentric Spacers CreationsMotorsport
    Here are some close up photos of them

5th Gear

Status
    They look to be nice quality mate and glad you have it sorted out! Good value to considering £50 includes the bolts!

she's no d-turbo

Status
    They look pretty good quality

Now get those hubs cleaned and painted!
    For Sale -
    A3 rear wiper motor and arm
    A3 air vents
    56plate A3 S-Line full speaker system including amp