If your car isnt mapped, WELL IT SHOULD BE

ilim

Reaction score
Almost a week now since the car had its Stage 1 shark bite.

OUTCOME: :undwech:

Holly Sh*t, can the car move, takes a few days of normal driving for the car to realize what is going on, but as soon as the map sets in, ur face will be like a little kid getting excited for a lollipop.. Dnt know about REVO maps but shark have done it for me. The mid-range power is outstanding, the torque is another world of its own, im sure to say with a stage 1 map, sure u can put some luxuary cheap end cars to shame e.g porsche Caymans and boxers....

If you live in scotland, and want your car mapped, check out brotek performance. As said i am not in anyway affiliated with the company. Brotek have a 25% off remaps for may. £450 for a stage 1 map + Sps unit, so you can change maps around.. Overall the cars amazing now and will stay at stage 1 for a while until i get used to the power it has.... if you havnt had ur car mapped... get it done...

The only place in Swansea that do remaps are a Longlife dealership, who use 'Top Gear Tuning' - Audi Power Gains

Anyone know anything about these? All I see mentioned on here are Shark and REVO.... Would I be making a mistake if I used this Top Gear Tuning?

The only place in Swansea that do remaps are a Longlife dealership, who use 'Top Gear Tuning' - Audi Power Gains

Anyone know anything about these? All I see mentioned on here are Shark and REVO.... Would I be making a mistake if I used this Top Gear Tuning?

Ive gotta be honest, theres plenty of companies that do maps and some are very good.

I had a stage 1 map from "chipped UK" on my 09 plate S3. It was horrific. Yes there was more power, but it wasnt delivered properly at all. rev's didnt rise and fall properly. Once put back standard it was perfect again.

Im using Shark now (stage 2) on my 2012 S3 and its much better. Revo is good also.

I think really, you should stick with the "big boys". You can always put the map on yourself with shark using the STS device(Which can be sent to your door). That also means you can go back standard for dealer visits etc.

Reactions: SWILKO
Thanks MJR. Out of interest, how much is the Shark STS?

Long Life have a fairly well established dealership network. I'd be surprised if they used any old cowboys to do mapping work. But I could be wrong, so hopefully someone has an experience of them

Thanks MJR. Out of interest, how much is the Shark STS?

Long Life have a fairly well established dealership network. I'd be surprised if they used any old cowboys to do mapping work. But I could be wrong, so hopefully someone has an experience of them

Price wise, you'll need to contact N8 or GNJ. They'll do their best to sort you out.

Quote in the first post was £450 for a stage 1 map + Sps unit so something around there.

About time Shark offered me a job for all this promo work !!:thumbsup:

:)

Anyone over Manchester way or willing to travel should try Carbon Chip Tuning, They have 4wd dyno and also highly equipped doing mobile remaps - new transporters fully kitted out, I highly recommend there services on a personal level.

R-Tech in Hinkley also good.

Theres too many outfits doing email remaps to simply go anywhere, do you background checks before choosing who to remap your vehicle

I had mine APR'd by Awesome Gti, came fully loaded with 4 maps, fault code erase, throttle body reset and Anti-Theft, all switcheable through the cruise control switch.
The car feels a beast now in comparison but also remains smooth and driveable, would highly recommend it

I'm glad your happy with the remap on the S3 Ilim. Makes a huge difference to the overall driveability of the car doesn't it. Smoother, more responsive and generally alot nicer to drive. I look forward to reading about the progress of the 'Tangerine Queen'. Take care.

Won't be long before you want Stage 2.....one month or so on and I do lol. Its not to say that its not quick you jsut get used to the power.

Not difficult to keep up with standard TTRS, with the 1M keep up initially then the M takes off, then you cry about the stone chip on your bonnet!

I'm glad your happy with the remap on the S3 Ilim. Makes a huge difference to the overall driveability of the car doesn't it. Smoother, more responsive and generally alot nicer to drive. I look forward to reading about the progress of the 'Tangerine Queen'. Take care.

True.. took my mates out since.. and they all say its amazing. had a play with a e cars and the s3 puts a smile on my face, as said by everyone, these cars should have come with this sort of power from factory....

Won't be long before you want Stage 2.....one month or so on and I do lol. Its not to say that its not quick you jsut get used to the power.

Not difficult to keep up with standard TTRS, with the 1M keep up initially then the M takes off, then you cry about the stone chip on your bonnet!

True that jen, but after my vxr experience, where i went through three brand new turbos in a year ON A BRAND NEW ARCTIC ASTRA on stage 3 i will take along time to consider a stage 2. Hows ur car coming on. Btw u know the guys up here at polishbliss??

I've always said that the S3 should have had at least 300 bhp.

I think though that it would have clashed with some corporate idea of where it fits into the model ranges as that sort of power takes it close to stock RS3 territory.

The transmission is good for a lot more and the unmodified engine will turn out over 400bhp and lots more once the internals are done.

Good car,just needed more power.

I only wish I had the same 'feel' in mine! LOL. Totally underwhelmed tbh atm.

I've had several maps in the past including shark... and all I can say is I have yet to find someone who can perform/code a custom map. Not some generic bull that stretches the car to its limits but something that can be configured just right not to lead the car to an early grave. Each popular map has given me problems... despite a lot of upgrading. I made the decision last month to have the map removed and yeh the car feels a tad less torque-y but at least it will last longer and a lot of the problems have gone away.

I only wish I had the same 'feel' in mine! LOL. Totally underwhelmed tbh atm.

Same here, you have any plans to get it sorted?

I am struggling to get much over 20mpg pottering around in D and the tail pipes are sooting up badly.
The car drives smooth enough, pretty much feels stock though. Which is a problem for me:shrug:

The SHARK product must be right enough for these many positive testaments but I think all is not well with mine TBH.

Hope to get to Inters this year, might see if I can get the car looked at by SHARK when I am there.

cheers
Paul

I am struggling to get much over 20mpg pottering around in D and the tail pipes are sooting up badly.
The car drives smooth enough, pretty much feels stock though. Which is a problem for me:shrug:

The SHARK product must be right enough for these many positive testaments but I think all is not well with mine TBH.

Hope to get to Inters this year, might see if I can get the car looked at by SHARK when I am there.

cheers
Paul

20mpg mate isnt good at all for casual driving..........

Have it looked it if i were you. Ask for MORE BOOST:hubbahubba:, I'd love to know if it improves things, theres definitely room for improvements in shark but its not bad bad :)

20mpg mate isnt good at all for casual driving..........

Have it looked it if i were you. Ask for MORE BOOST:hubbahubba:, I'd love to know if it improves things, theres definitely room for improvements in shark but its not bad bad :)

Long term average in my last S3 was 22mpg and that was with lots of enthusiastic driving.

The current car (although DSG) has a very easy life and does a fraction of the bumper to bumper rush hour malarky yet the mpg is LESS!

Mmmmmm....

cheers
Paul

Sounds like yours is running quite rich.

In any case,whilst many maps at setup may be quite generic,cars and individual hardware setups aren't,and neither are individual driving styles.

What works well for one,may simply not be right for another,and it's worth getting the map tailored to what you need,either via a RR,or on the road with a laptop.
Mine has had both,and runs like a train.

I'd give them a call Paul, mines getting about 23 mpg kicking about with a few energetic bursts here and there, definitely doesn't feel stock either. Had noticed the exhaust tips as well though tbh, doesn't take long to get sooted up

I'd give them a call Paul, mines getting about 23 mpg kicking about with a few energetic bursts here and there, definitely doesn't feel stock either. Had noticed the exhaust tips as well though tbh, doesn't take long to get sooted up
Mine still averages over 28mpg,even with what it's running right now,and whilst it would obviously hit the teens if I used it hard all the time,that figure does include some blasts and rolling road time,plus the daily drag in to work.

Thanks for the input and sorry for the minor hi jack OP.
Being from oop North SHARK isnt that local so I will try and organise an appointment at Inters and take it from there.

Might even take the map off and run it stock for a bit and see how it performs.
I had it mapped at 400miles and hadnt really driven it hard before that so dont have much to compare Stock v Stage 1 behaviour.

I want that WOW factor the OP and others on here have from the software.

Maybe I just need an RS3........:icon_thumright:

I have no plans yet to get mine looked at although that's me being lazy. Shark HQ is 7 miles away! Lol. I may well talk to them and get it on the RR to see what may be the issue if there is one. It may just be I am used to the 'raw' power from my Subaru and the Audi is so much more refined it is unreal. Tbh I have to do it cus I won't rest till I see some change to the performance or a RR graph to prove otherwise. I bought the STS so I didn't have to wait. I spent too many hours in garages during my Subaru mods. I ain't doing that again.

Just phoned Shark. Gonna get a call back later and probably take it up for them to check over by RR or otherwise. Will update with a new post when sorted :)

Just phoned Shark. Gonna get a call back later and probably take it up for them to check over by RR or otherwise. Will update with a new post when sorted :)

Top man, keep us posted.

Update:- Shark's thoughts are that the DSG is limiting the torque, pure and simple. The way it was described to me does indeed make sense with what I am feeling when I drive the car. So, DSG remap it is, next Weds at Shark HQ, with RR results to be done before and after the DSG remap. LOL. OMG! I am off again! I was supposed to be stopping all of this when I bought the Audi ***! I am on a rocky road to mods AGIAN! Oh no, I can't start going for more, I just can't, help, resist, canntttt, resissstttt, helllpppppp. :D

i have yet to meet someone who can crack the dsg map... i had custom code on the dsg and it added more lag to the unit... however, my revo map for the dsg was a tinsey winsey improvement over the standard map but nothing special... imho u dont really need the dsg map...

Update:- Shark's thoughts are that the DSG is limiting the torque, pure and simple. The way it was described to me does indeed make sense with what I am feeling when I drive the car. So, DSG remap it is, next Weds at Shark HQ, with RR results to be done before and after the DSG remap. LOL. OMG! I am off again! I was supposed to be stopping all of this when I bought the Audi ***! I am on a rocky road to mods AGIAN! Oh no, I can't start going for more, I just can't, help, resist, canntttt, resissstttt, helllpppppp. :D

how much are they charging you don't min me asking? pm me if you like. :) I plan to do this dsg map next month along with fuel pump and stage 3 :)

Stage 3? Nice :)
I think it was Rob who I spoke to (sorry if I am wrong! lol), as I have the engine map already the DSG remap is £199. I am interested in the RR results too. I really have to make sure they don't get to me like my Subaru RR results did. They sure did p*ss me off! Was way under what I was 'sold' it should be. Suffice to say if the S3 makes the 300'ish it is capable of then it will be nigh on what the Subaru was.

Surely a DSG car should perform right with Stage 1 when in Manual made on paddles?

DSG isnt an option for me though, I want to be able to switch to stock for dealer visits and SHARK HQ is too far to travel each time.

Surely a DSG car should perform right with Stage 1 when in Manual made on paddles?

DSG isnt an option for me though, I want to be able to switch to stock for dealer visits and SHARK HQ is too far to travel each time.

I agree. It should work yes straight away. As my car will be RR before anything is done I will get to see the figures first. It will be a good comparison thereafter. But I shouldn't need a DSG remap I agree. Even in manual mode it ain't giving me the 'wow' factor ATM.

Interestingjust tagging along to hear the outcome

All this talk of soot on the exhaust pipes makes me (as a diesel driver) feel at home :p

Looks like superchips have just reduced bluefin prices by 20%.

I want to get my car remap but I am scared its gonna mess up my turbo and clutch. Despite my car is 8 year old and done quite high mileage.

cheers
Paul

I'm in a similar boat. I mapped mine with Shark back in Jan and was expecting that sought after WOW factor but I never got it unfortunately. I just thought it would take some time for the ECU to adapt and also for the engine to loosen up seeing as it was only on 1200miles at the time. But tbh, it never felt any different which was a surprise really as it was supposed to add approx 40bhp which I presumed you definitely would be able to feel pretty obviously? I did request Shark's most aggressive map but I am left feeling somewhat underwhelmed. I decided to take it off yesterday and restore the original map and if I'm completely honest, it felt no different! I'd actually go as far to say that it felt marginally better which I find strange.

Now mine is a DSG so I don't know whether this is a big factor in the whole package but surely you would be able to feel a substantial amount of gain even if it is limiting torque? Hopefully a Shark representative could shed some light on this?

I am booked in for a RR day at Awesome GTI the middle of this month so I'll be doing runs with and without the map to shed some light on what is happening.

Please under no circumstance take this post as me slating Shark or it's product, I highly recommend the company and the people associated with them, they have a great team and are very helpful. I'm just writing this as it looks like I'm one of the unlucky few who need a bit of tweaking to get things working together correctly!

Please under no circumstance take this post as me slating Shark or it's product, I highly recommend the company and the people associated with them, they have a great team and are very helpful. I'm just writing this as it looks like I'm one of the unlucky few who need a bit of tweaking to get things working together correctly!

I think that for most cars most of the time,there are no issues,but occasionally there are problems with individual engines and the expected result isn't delivered.

This has occurred with Revo and other maps and it clearly isn't confined to any one map or software package.

It has been used to bash Revo previously but really is just an indicator that the popularity of one map will show up occasional glitches.

As long as the developer gets on top of it,that's what really matters for customer satisfaction.

When we had some mapping issues with mine,the developer(Revo in my case ) was onto it efficiently and I am sure yours will do the same.