Changed Coding for rear lights

-adrian-

.fuct
Reaction score
Hello,
there are different changes you could do to the rear lights with vagcom. now i am wondering if anyone would have screens and positions of the different versions you can code. like rear fog lights as breaking light and strange stuff. cant imagine how this would look like

It is not legal to use rear fog lights as brake lights. UK vehicle construction and use regulations require rear fog lights and brake lights to be separate. Also some cars only have one (offside) rear foglight with the other side being the reversing light.

VCDS can only change the rear lights in conjunction with daytime running lights, i.e. Scandinavian with rear lights on and North America with rear lights off. I believe the intensity can also be altered as well but only for the DRL element.

Mike is right it is not legal to have it on.. though it can be done on VCDS :eyebrows:
I have it on mine and its really easy. if you want to change light options its all in the central electrics module. just go through it byte by byte.

could you take a picture and and find a picture how it usually is so i could see the difference :O
I found a page about all those coding stuff - even so its german it might help some of you.
in case google translate does not help just ask me :)
http://www.stemei.de/pages/ coding/audi-a3-8p.php

Have a look at this site mate, it shows pics and options for the rear lights. Before I changed mine to the facelift lights, I had mine coded so the two outer bulbs came on as brake lights (it's only the outermost bulb from the factory) and had all three set for tail lights, (it's only the outer bulbs from the factory).

Having all three set to brake lights is too much though that how they are set to for the US market but that's a different law over there!

OOOO-A3: Rear Fog Lights

my one looks so much better than that but thats only as i have the LED rear lights which light up better and almost the same brightness (brake and fog)