Badger5EM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Just Bought a A3 2.0FSI 2006 S-line - Anything I need to watch out for or know?

Hello,

Just purchased a Audi A3 2.0FSI S-line 2006, it has genuine 9,600 miles. It has full Audi service history. Its been spent in a garage covered up half its life. As i'm new to owning a Audi is there anything I need to know or watch for whilst owning it. I know theres people on this forum who have own a couple of them.

just general advice and hints and tips needed really.

i'm planning to install a clean soundsystem in it using the existing bose speakers.

Also going to lower it but 20-30mm better traction and looks. (any suggestions or views on this)

Looking for a OEM black grille for the front too (where can i buy this from)

Any advice would be great appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gra1n

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    congrats with your new car!

If it has been sitting for so long, I'd definately have it serviced: all fluids & filters replaced, all joints greased, etc..

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks,

I was thinking that too, when i test drove it, it drived like a brand new car. However your right I will change the fluids (oil,coolant, break and steering fluid, etc)

Neutral

Status
    And don't forget the gearbox oil

No, seriously: chech your car's maintenance schedule as instructed by Audi and see what should have been replaced for a car this age. But I think you can't go wrong with an oil and oil/fuel filter change.

And while you're at it, try and find out if there's been any Audi recalls (I don't know if this was the case for your particular model) that the car might have missed out on, as it has been sitting in the garage for some time and didn't come in for servicing for a while...

1st Gear

Status
    Also going to lower it but 20-30mm better traction and looks. (any suggestions or views on this)

You may get better traction which I suppose would be relevant if you intend to drive like a hooligan or use it for track days.
    Lowering it for looks maybe your personal preference but be aware it will look just a tad Chav & be likened to the Saxo / Astra children.
    It already has a firm suspension so lowering it will make it harder, but if your arse can take it ..........????
    Personalise it of course but being a bit clever and subtle by applying the principle of 'less is more' can produce a classier result.

5th Gear

Status
    Well with regards to lowering the consensus on the boards is Eibach sportline + Bilstein B12 shocks or the H&R cup kit. Sportline + billies are said to be the more comfy of the 2.

As your shocks have seen quite a few miles it's probably gonna be best to replace them, but they may well hold up for a while yet and then you can just get a set of sportline lower springs by eibach for about £150/ or H&R ones which are a little harder for around the same.

Welcome to the forums!

Check out the sponsors who price match and are usually priced lower than most anyway.

Had to edit>

I'm not sure if lowering a car makes it look like a chav car mate, actually I disagree with that statement totally.

In the A3 line of cars they get progressively lower from SE to RS3 each time styling is improved. SE: Errrr.... S - line: Tidy.... S3: Mean.... RS3 Mean and vicious Ranging height-wise from SE tractor height (if running larger alloys) - RS3 which is about 50mm lower than an SE iirc.

It's all opinions at the end of the day, like something else we all have and this is just mine mate, take no offense
    Last edited by ~RS~; 2nd May 2012 at 10:40.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    As your shocks have seen quite a few miles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gra1n View Post
    it has genuine 9,600 miles.
    uhhhh...

5th Gear

Status
    Lol.... must not speed read, must not speed read..... arrrghhhh you get the picture read as 96k not 9,600... In this case just springs ftw, and a fat saving!