Bit of advice for dealer agreement please - wheel paint

apoc_reg

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Got my A3 last week and my Audi dealer was great, no complaints at all.

Only problem is as I prfer the titanium 7 spoke wheels on the older black editions to the new rotary design I asked for them to swich for the old style which they did.

They took some 7 spoke wheels off a new car and had them painted in the titanium for me.

Unfortunately a week after getting the car the paint is literally peeling in places!!! Its also just got a generally rough feel to it.

I have emailed the dealer but im worried all that will happen is i'll take it back and they will get them redone and the same thing will happen again.

Got any advice? Seems to me the guy they use must not be good so could I insist they go somewhere else?

Thanks a lot!
Rich

demand a set of originals, if possible or ask them to have them powder coated
can't believe you swapped the new rotary's :tocktock: but hey, each to there own :racer:

Get the orginals back, if you don't like them, sell them, they're worth a fair bit of cash and they're very popular.

Did you get any money off the car for having "cheaper" wheels put on?

If the dealer won't swap them back ask for them to be powder coated (dipped) not painted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha yeah each to their own, I don't like the rotary ones on the A3, they look good on the bigger Audi's.

Cheers guys I will ask that they are either properly done or that the rotary are put back on.

Morning all,

The dealer are saying that the rough matt finish that I am complaining about is how it always is and that the guy they used is a Audi guy whose sole job is to do their wheels.

What process could they be talking about? Its literally got a grainy feel to the wheels when you run your finger along them.

Thanks
Richard

show the the wheels. simple.

it shouldnt be flaking off.

Say either they replace the wheels, have them re-done, or gove you the money to get them re-done elsewhere.

I like the third option in a way, at least you know its right then!

Cheers I will lay down those options

They have redone it but cant say I'm hopeful on the results, will post pictures once I've picked it up and you lot can tell me if I'm just being a picky git :rolleyes:

Well they did an ok job.

Still though when you run your finger over it its rough to touch and just doesn't shine as a smooth surface.

Tempted to insist my dealer pay for this:

Acid Stripping and Powder Coating :

Do you think tht would be worthwhile?

Cheers!

Hi Rich, I think some cars between 09-11 came with these style wheels in anthracite as standard - can they just not order these in for you and cut their losses on painting the wheels on your car ? At least they'll have a happy customer who's likely to come back.