RNSE retrofit- can't move bose pin as its already in use with another wire?

gizm0

Reaction score
hi all im upgrading from a concert cd player in my 2008 57 plate A3, came to move the bose wire from pin 6 to 7 but there is already a purple/grey wire in pin number 7, on my old stereo it says the bose pin is slot 3 but there isn't a cable in there but my new head unit (LED version) says its slot 7 so i can't move it, any help appreciated asapplease guys.

thanks

Dan

Bose is brown and is in number 5, the one in pin 7 now Is for your aux in port, you need to buy a multimedia plug from Audi about £3 and take out aux ground, aux left and aux right and put them Into there, look ok back of rnse and tells you the numbers

hi all im upgrading from a concert cd player in my 2008 57 plate A3, came to move the bose wire from pin 6 to 7 but there is already a purple/grey wire in pin number 7, on my old stereo it says the bose pin is slot 3 but there isn't a cable in there but my new head unit (LED version) says its slot 7 so i can't move it, any help appreciated asapplease guys.

thanks

Dan

If you have an aux input it usually goes where the BOSE pin now needs to be.

Check this out on my thread I did a while back!

---

IMG_2940.jpg

As I have BOSE I need to swap the BOSE pin in the blue block.

---

IMG_2941.jpg

The BOSE pin was originally in pin 5 and needs to be relocated to pin 7. Unfortunately one of the AUX pin outs is already in pin 7, so I removed that and will relocate it to its correct pin outs when I install AMI

---

IMG_2942.jpg

You can now see that the brown wire which is BOSE has now been relocated

ah big help guys! thank you i will remove al aux pins now and get a multimedia plug ordered monday morning :) do you by any chance have a part number for the plug? will my aux work ok then?

got it, if anyone else needs the code for the 32 pin block is 1J0 972 977 G

just got to hope the wires will reach to it now lol

Sorry to sound like a numpty but I fitted this unit (RNSE) to my 2010 black edition sportback two weeks ago, my car has Bose but seems tO be working fine, do i need to buy the extra plug and shift the above wires around? Any advise would be great.

Sorry to sound like a numpty but I fitted this unit (RNSE) to my 2010 black edition sportback two weeks ago, my car has Bose but seems tO be working fine, do i need to buy the extra plug and shift the above wires around? Any advise would be great.

You only need to move the aux wires to the 32pin AV plug and Im assuming you dont have an AUX otherwise it wouldnt be working so you only need to move the Bose pin from 5 > 7 (or vice versa, cant remember of top of my head) - pin locations are shown on the pin diagram on the Radio units.

Yeah I see what your saying but to keep it all neat maplins sell little extension wires for computers which fit the connections pon the cables and back of the headunit do no cutting required at all so keeps it all neat without damaging anything :)

Last edited:
Yes mate I do have the aux socket but I haven't checked if it's working or not? So I just need to mo ve pin5 to pin 7 is that correct?
just wondering what difference that will make as I said it seems to be working fine as it is?

Yeah I see what your saying but to keep it all neat napkins sell little extension wires for computers which fit the connections pon the cables and back of the headunit do no cutting required at all so keeps it all neat without damaging anything :)

Sounds good but that makes it more messy in my opinion.

I cut the loom tape to reveal all the wires, removed the 3 aux cables so they can reach the AV plug and retaped using proper fabric loom tape so looks all OEM. No cutting of wires, just the tape itself ;)

Yes mate I do have the aux socket but I haven't checked if it's working or not? So I just need to mo ve pin5 to pin 7 is that correct?
just wondering what difference that will make as I said it seems to be working fine as it is?

If you went from Concert II+ (which you must have otherwise you wouldnt have an AUX) to RNS-E then yes, your AUX wont work.

You'll need to order the 32pin AV plug listen above to reroute the 3 AUX wires into here then move the BOSE pin from pin 5 to pin 7.

Without moving the pin everythin will appear to be working but the BOSE system wont be getting used so will just sound like the normal system.

Each to their own then ay! As long as it works lol

Ok guys I ordered the plug today, sorry to over it again but could some of you please just summarise what I have to do with the wires?
i know that pin 5 goes to pin 7 but what else, and do I need anything special to remove the pins from the plugs?

got my plug today and will be wiring it up shortly, you need to move the 3 aux wires from the existing plug to the new one, look on the back of your old stereo it will tell you what wires they are then you need to look on the back of your new one to see what locations they need to go into

hope this helps