Nigel, a very patient man :)

Chris93

Reaction score
Finally got around to meeting with Nigel to fit the new fuel pump to go with my white dis conversion. I met him at 9:30 this morning and he took the old pump out and put the new one in within an hour and a bit. I also noticed since fitting the white dis that my SDS had only been working on the phone and not with the nav and radio like it did before. Nigel spent the rest of the day trying to find the problem as he had never seen anything like it before, he changed the slip ring, steering wheel control unit, steering wheel, rns-e and can bus module and no joy! the car just wouldn't accept the coding and kept getting confused between full sds and bluetooth only sds but he finally found the problem was with the bluetooth control unit and voila!! i know have full sds again which i am loving. Nigel even greased up the glovebox mechanism so it now opens really smoothly unlike before. All in all it was a long day but enjoyable :)) Thanks Nigel, top job as always

Chris

Reactions: N8
I can't remember exactly, think it was a connection or coding, i will let Nigel explain when he sees this post

Chris

1st of all Chris, thanks for the words mate, overall I was more concerned the issue was related to the work done for you, but at the end of the day with all the diagnosis with parts used, it turned out to be nothing to do with the cluster etc work, but the BT unit getting itself all confused for what seemed no reason whatsoever.

I changed many things until with some more even more extended logical thinking lol, I arrived at conclusion was BT related, luckily I had other modules to test with, got there at the end of the day.

Think was a combo of defaulting the module, recoding, completely wiping car power & then recoding gradually, then it all started working again, very weird, but also a learning exercise as always, which for me is king :)

Also discovered a nice product to use to grease the glovebox break element as previous ones I'd used wernt as good, works very well & we repaired the glovebox with some resin, broken by a previous person, so all in all I'm actually extremely happy we resolved all the issues for Chris :)

Nigel has great patience when it comes to these things!

I like to think I do lol, tbh with these jobs you cant get all flustered as thats when it all goes tits up as such, you need patience, logical thought & process of elimination, that way you are able to track down the issue/s allot easier & come to a conslusion, so for me I'm very happy we found the problem & resolved it :)

Just out of interest, what was the issue with the BT unit?

Just didnt like to play nicely with the cars systems for some strange reason mate, coded correctly, when you pressed PTT it used to briefly show SPEAK in dis then almost instantly show PHONE, which denoted it was getting confused, then would conctinue to show PHONE each ime it was pressed, then you'd recode or battery of & test again & would start all over, very strange indeed.

i will let Nigel explain when he sees this post

Hopefully I have lol.

I have to say placing the BT module in the footwell for me isnt a good idea, right next to the steering column aswell, hence why I always fit under the seat, safer overall.

LMFAO man I remember that ad aswell, classic, lol.