Wheel Spacers Bolt Length

Farhan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently ordered some hubcentric spacers,

10mm Fronts
13mm Rears

I now need to order longer bolts and i am aware the stock wheel bolt length is circa 28mm, Now logic tells me yes i will need bolts 10mm and 13mm longer.

However, Searching online the common sizes are 40mm & 45mm, I can buy a set of 20 which work out cheaper but if i fitted 45mm length bolts on the 10mm spacer i would have an extra 5mm? Would this cause a problem? I worry they may tighten up to far into the hub and be to long.

Aslo would 40mm bolts be ok for the 13mm spacer as there would only be a shortfall of 1mm?!

I've read a thread were the poster used the original bolts with I think 8mm spacers, so if that's ok then 40mm on the 13's would be fine. Saw your car today, it looks good. Spacers will make your wheels look bigger, and a must if you're going lower. I was a bit busy this morning, but I'll introduce myself next time I'm there.

Thanks Lads,

I ordered the 40mm ones in the end, They should be sufficient for both im guessing and £24 delivered for 20 bolts is a bargain! Now to buy the lock nuts :banghead:

Thanks Lads,

I ordered the 40mm ones in the end, They should be sufficient for both im guessing and £24 delivered for 20 bolts is a bargain! Now to buy the lock nuts :banghead:

Let us know how you get on with the locking nuts. :)