EM TuningSky Insurance
    2nd Gear

Status

Bad week for the A3 (and me)

Friday 20th May - Got VASCAR'd at 104.3mph on the M6 J36 (16years driving and never had a single point - luck had to run out sometime)

Saturday 21st May - Someone put a huge dent in the offside quarter panel / arch / back bumper in a car park and drove off. No witness. 900 quote.

Saturday 28th May - Someone (in Brighton - damn southerners) scraped front bumper. nearside corner, nice red/black gouges & stripes on my silver car. No witness. 250 quote.

Sunday 29th May - Stone through windscreen on M6. Still waiting at home for autoglass to turn up. (they arrived yesterday with the wrong screen)

Maybe I'll wait until I get banned and then get the body repairs done. Joy.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VOIP Dude

Status

Re: Bad week for the A3 (and me)

Thats some bad luck dude [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Hope things get better for you...

6th Gear

Status

Damn,that's unlucky.

I'm having a bad time with my car at the moment too but,unfortunately,it's the car itself.

Everything from the DSG to the seatbelt 'bing', to the autolocking, to the annoying buzz I get from the instrument panel is hacking me right off and,at this precise moment,I'd like to get rid of the friggin thing.

I'd loooove an Audi customer survey phone call right now.

" Would you have another Audi sir "

" Would I [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] "

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Friday 20th May - Got VASCAR'd at 104.3mph on the M6 J36 (16years driving and never had a single point - luck had to run out sometime)

Saturday 21st May - Someone put a huge dent in the offside quarter panel / arch / back bumper in a car park and drove off. No witness. 900 quote.

Saturday 28th May - Someone (in Brighton - damn southerners) scraped front bumper. nearside corner, nice red/black gouges & stripes on my silver car. No witness. 250 quote.

Sunday 29th May - Stone through windscreen on M6. Still waiting at home for autoglass to turn up. (they arrived yesterday with the wrong screen)

Maybe I'll wait until I get banned and then get the body repairs done. Joy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bl**dy hell mate, that's truely bad luck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Hey mike where did you get the quote for the bumper scrape repair out of interest? Just did it myself on the weekend and need to fix 'er up....

imported_Spin140

I feel for you mate, they say Bad luck comes in '3's so you've had your lot.

Hope things improve for you, the dents you can live with the speeding ticket is the real killer, Bloody cameras - there are times when even 100+ isn't particularly dangerous, right conditions etc - why do they never catch the A - hole who sits on your backside who lane swaps !

6th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    why do they never catch the A - hole who sits on your backside who lane swaps !

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the little twat in the red Polo who persists in speeding through a residential area.

The one with the umpteen gravel marks on his paint. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    why do they never catch the A - hole who sits on your backside who lane swaps !

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the little twat in the red Polo who persists in speeding through a residential area.

The one with the umpteen gravel marks on his paint. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the muppets that drive their nova's around the town centre all evening, wheelspinning their 1.2's at every junction......get a f@cking life [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img]

Uber Post Whore

Status

Really sorry Miket, have had 3 claims within the last 5 years, all from people hitting my car(s) and driving off. Total tosspots.

1st Gear

Status

Bowfer - rattles & buzz coming from instrument panel? i got that too. and one from rear passenger trim panel (where door would be in a 5 door...)/or rear parcel shelf support, and from front passenger seat-belt height-adjuster (only when in use).
    more fecking squeaks & rattles than a branch of Mothercare.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats pretty harsh mate - would expect most rozzers to drop it to a 99mph charge. Get some legal advice sharpish. You may find this site useful...

http://pepipoo.com/NewForums2/index....d493b973ae8cfd

Good luck. At least you can watch your girlfriend taking her sweaters on and off while you wait for your court date... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey mike where did you get the quote for the bumper scrape repair out of interest? Just did it myself on the weekend and need to fix 'er up....

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to my local dealers first (Smith Knight Fay in Stockport) and they don't have their own body shop, use the a local combined Audi/Mazda/Toyota/Lexus bodyshop. I wouldn't try a small bodyshop unless you know them or their work.

Went to see them and got a quote straight away (if i have both bumps done together i get more discount). Mine is metallic silver and the price includes new rubbing strips etc as they don't mask these off but replace them (only 7 for the n/s/f strip). My bumper hasn't been deformed, so he said its very easy for them to fill in the scrapes and blow over the whole bumper. Also metallic silver is relatively easy to match up.

Pearl black may require them to blow over the wings to get a good blend.

3 to 4 days to carry out the work.

Make sure you ask for a 'cash quote' not an 'insurance quote' (for obvious reasons) and let them know you're getting a few quotes.

2nd Gear

Status

Jungle - thanks for the link.

What a wicked site!

As I only had a verbal NIP, I'll just have to sit tight and wait for my summons to arrive, anything up to 6 months!

You should have a look at the site jungle posted it's very good, not sure if you can really delay or even get away with yours since you got the verbal NIP but worth a look.

Status

[ QUOTE ]

What a wicked site!

As I only had a verbal NIP, I'll just have to sit tight and wait for my summons to arrive, anything up to 6 months!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this will chear you up but a few years ago I got stopped by a nice couple of men in a volvo for travelling a tad quicker than you in my VW, I was pulled over and given the whole "do you know how stupid you are blah, blah, blah" routine by the pair of them and got cautioned etc and was told to wait for a summons. It never arrived [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but I did get done the next night for 97 on the motorway and got an sp30 for it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so you may be lucky or maybe I just was extremely lucky

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

What a wicked site!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this will chear you up but a few years ago I got stopped by a nice couple of men in a volvo for travelling a tad quicker than you in my VW, I was pulled over and given the whole "do you know how stupid you are blah, blah, blah" routine by the pair of them and got cautioned etc and was told to wait for a summons. It never arrived [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but I did get done the next night for 97 on the motorway and got an sp30 for it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] so you may be lucky or maybe I just was extremely lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

MB could be right as I would have thought they would have to give you a written 'ticket' on the spot. A verbal is probably just a warning to scare you.

2nd Gear

Status

I thought the new card UK licence was a EURO licence? The old 'international' licence isn't available anymore.

I've still got 2 old fashioned paper licences anyway. Used to pretend to 'lose' it every few years. Good for foreign rentals.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I thought the new card UK licence was a EURO licence? The old 'international' licence isn't available anymore.

I've still got 2 old fashioned paper licences anyway. Used to pretend to 'lose' it every few years. Good for foreign rentals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! Managed to get 15 points at one time between them and got away with it. No chance now. Best bet is to set up a "pen pal". I have one in Australia and we have agreed to cop each other's speeding fines. Not needed to try it yet, but worth planning for the worst.

imported_unkle

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, but my point was I'd like to see the DVLA try to put points on my German driving license [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Status

Wow, that's seriously unlucky. Even as punishment for speeding, for all that to happen to you is a tad unfair.