JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrratch - *gulp* - help please....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] It's the sound we dread hearing, made even worse when you don't hear it and the expression on someone's face tells you the story...

It had to happen some time - this time it was pulling into an awkward farm driveway off a poky country back lane in Cornwall. Somewhat fortunately for me it was all plastic bumper scratch rather than any metalwork.

I have about half a dozen scratches up and down the front left hand corner of my bumper ranging from just below the headlight washer to just about the fog light, most of which are 4-6 inches long and surface scratches as opposed to deep gouges.

Can anyone recommend the best way to fix these? I am guessing to get perfection I'd need to have the bumper replaced? Talking about 500 or more?!?! Can anyone suggest other options like touch up paint, etc.

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrratch - *gulp* - help please....

Paint shops can do wonders with plastic fillers these days and you won't be able to tell (if its a good job).
    I reckon to have it sorted and the bumper sprayed shouldn't cost more than 200-250 at a quality workshop - depends on the colour too.

You'd probably be talking close to a Grand for a bumper / spray with all the labour and parts. Modern bumpers are HUGE.