Scrrrrrrrrrrrrrrratch - *gulp* - help please....

djoblong

Reaction score
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif It's the sound we dread hearing, made even worse when you don't hear it and the expression on someone's face tells you the story...

It had to happen some time - this time it was pulling into an awkward farm driveway off a poky country back lane in Cornwall. Somewhat fortunately for me it was all plastic bumper scratch rather than any metalwork.

I have about half a dozen scratches up and down the front left hand corner of my bumper ranging from just below the headlight washer to just about the fog light, most of which are 4-6 inches long and surface scratches as opposed to deep gouges.

Can anyone recommend the best way to fix these? I am guessing to get perfection I'd need to have the bumper replaced? Talking about £500 or more?!?! Can anyone suggest other options like touch up paint, etc.

Thanks in advance

Paint shops can do wonders with plastic fillers these days and you won't be able to tell (if its a good job).
I reckon to have it sorted and the bumper sprayed shouldn't cost more than £200-250 at a quality workshop - depends on the colour too.

You'd probably be talking close to a Grand for a bumper / spray with all the labour and parts. Modern bumpers are HUGE.