RSN E just installed a few probs (pics included)

Towns

Reaction score
HI Got this last week

photoout.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And fitted this today

photoinu.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

But have a few problems

1/As it is a be it already had the blue tooth for the phone when the unit was installed the phone worked fine but the address book and the dialled numbers etc are not listed or synced

2/ Then i tried a 32 gb card in the memory slot and the unit just states "unreadable file" i have tried it with only one song on it, which works fine on my pc but still no joy.

On another point i thought i would need to get it coded to show the directions on the middle console display but that worked fine.

Hope someone can help

You need to get it coded to download the address book.

Try a smaller sd card. Some rnse units only accept 8gb I think but someone else will confirm.

If you do a search there are loads of threads on this very subject.

Exactly, format it & make sure mp3 files, not apple, also as above it needs coding.

Thanks NHN my songs was in the itunes m4a format, so i used a online convertor to change them to mp3 with a bitrate of 256 (as older posts suggested) (i left the freq at 441000) reinserted the card (after formating it) and it showed the title of the song but when i pressed the button to play it stated "file is corupt"

Please help really dont want to spend £200 for the ipod connection.

Last edited:
Format the card 1st, then add mp3 songs to the card, try playing the mp3 songs 1st on pc then if they work add to the card.

i use wondershares software its $30 and works a treat to strip drm form my zune stuff

This probably isn't the case, but I once bought a 32GB SD card to use in my RNS-E (same model as yours) and it was an Ebay special that turned out to be a fake, with only a 64MB capacity. It would work on my PC, but my RNS-E wouldn't play anything on it, saying files corrupt. Did you make sure the SD card is formatted to FAT32 and not NTFS? Nice car BTW! :wub: xx

Sorry i wrote it incorrectly that is excactly what i did. They work fine on the pc it plays with Windows media and itunes, and it clearly states it mp3 at a bit rate 256.

i am using a SDHC 32gb card.

Cheers Paulie, yeah i did format with FAT32 trying it again now (my boss is wondering why i keep going to my car thou) the only thing i can think of now is buy a convertor like P5 suggested and/or buy another card.

Just get a cd with tunes on, stick in pc & use windows media player to rip them to mp3 format, then once formatted the sdhc card, stick these tunes from the cd you ripped in mp3 & test, that way you see if its the tunes with an issue as wmp rips to mp3 100% perfectly.

Last edited:
Yeah good idea, I will do it first thing tomorrow morning. Got the rsn e of eBay looks like it has come from the Netherlands from all the old addresses in the sat nav

THANKS NHN

Did exactly what you said ripped an audio CD using windows media player and it worked perfectly on the same 32 gb card.

My own fault for using a free online convertor.

Now i have to do my itunes library which will be fun.

Thanks again,

You need to get it coded to download the address book.

Really? I upgraded from Concert II+ to RNSe and found this as well - contacts from iPhone not getting downloaded.
Where is this bit coded then?

Cheers!

Thanks again NHN tried the convert tool in I tunes ( which I did not was there) and it worked perfectly going to take a bit of time but at least it works

Getting it coded next week I will tell them that info cheers mike

I just wish it would stop raining so I can open my roof

HI Finally got round to have it coded !!!!!

But my guy is saying that he cannot get the aux output (the port by the handbrake that connects to the earphone socket via a wire) to work !!!!!!!!

The audi is a 2011 black edition

Can anyone help??

Unless it was rewired to suit, then no it wont work.

Is there an adapter loom that can be fitted or is it a big job?

No, just rewire existing with a new 32 pin connector, do the research fella.

Hi it has the 32 pin connector already fitted!!

tech guy at Audi even said it could not be done!,,

If it had the concert before it would not have had the 32 pin connector fitted already as it only goes with the rns-e.