JMB RetrofitsSky Insurance
    in the fast lane

Status

A3 Windscreen wipers

Anyone had any problems with theirs?? Mine started making all sorts of noises on friday and packed up once or twice. The car is only a week old!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

Re: A3 Windscreen wipers

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyone had any problems with theirs?? Mine started making all sorts of noises on friday and packed up once or twice. The car is only a week old!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a known problem on early 53 plate cars, but thought it was sorted now. Mine are certainly fine in this respect.

Sorry I can't be of more help. !

1st Gear

Status

Mine seem to get stuck on the windscreen every now and then - when you first use the wipers they release with a bloody great clunk - but that maybe a sign of their old age?

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine seem to get stuck on the windscreen every now and then - when you first use the wipers they release with a bloody great clunk - but that maybe a sign of their old age?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old age, the car has only been out for 18 months. It dosn't sound right to me.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but the car has done 34,000 miles since december last year.

will be getting them changed while Audi do the next service, where they will hopefully get the airbags working again...

1st Gear

Status

If you wipers don't work on the car then bring it to the stealers....

tibbs - were you waiting long for your car? Could be one of the early models which might have been lying around in a big field with a load of other Audis....?!!

Ibis S3 Fan Club

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but the car has done 34,000 miles since december last year.

will be getting them changed while Audi do the next service, where they will hopefully get the airbags working again...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes, how do you find time to post on here ?, have you a laptop in the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

yak
    2nd Gear

Status

I had my wipers re-adjusted, or actually they changed the motors. Anyway, I had problems with cluttering, and with the fact that it didn't wipe very well.

Now it certainly wipes the screen clean, but makes a bit more noise. But more important, I can see.

(not to mention some other funny problems without wipers at all..)

Anyway, get them checked, took 1,5h for my car to get them fixed.

in the fast lane

Status

Mark, I was waiting 5 months for my car, ordered 7th jan and picked it up last friday week. I had it at the dealers yesterday and they said that they couldn't see much wrong and they just tightened up the linkages. Its dry today so we'll see once it rains (not that we've to wait long for rain in ireland!!)

I won't be long firing the car back in the door to them if it's still a problem!

1st Gear

Status

[quote
    Yikes, how do you find time to post on here ?, have you a laptop in the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh the joys of 3G cards

1st Gear

Status

5 months Tibbs!!!!!! Jesus...

I thought 10 weeks was long as mine was a factory spec too.

in the fast lane

Status

3G = 3 goolies i.e you'll have 3 from using a laptop and one of them cards on top of your balls!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]