07 s3 service due, what to do

Lil ad9

Reaction score
I ve had my 07 s3 for a few months now , and am thinking of getting it serviced but not sure on what to do.
I know it's due a cambeltaf water pump maybe
oil change.
Spark plugs?
Haldex oil?
Filters?
The cars done 35k any help much appreciated and sorry for bad typing on a phone

i jsut did mine for 56 plate i did

full engine flush and fluid change
oil filter
timing belt
tensioner
water pump
spark plugs
air filter
gearbox oil
haldex oil
haldex filter
and added some more coolant

wasnt cheap but transforms the car

Have you not got the original service book? I would've thought it would let you know what's been done when.

If not (like me) and you have a duplicate, if it's all main dealer you can phone the service department for that dealership and find out what was done on the service.

My '07 S3 is on 23.5k and i've just had the following done:
Cambelt/tensioners + Waterpump
Haldex oil/filter
Engine oil/filter
pollen filter

Not sure when the spark plugs are due but I can do them myself. Air filter may well get swapped with an ITG or similar so i've left that for now but again could do myself easily if I don't get the ITG.

i jsut did mine for 56 plate i did

full engine flush and fluid change
oil filter
timing belt
tensioner
water pump
spark plugs
air filter
gearbox oil
haldex oil
haldex filter
and added some more coolant

wasnt cheap but transforms the car

How much did this cost if you don't mind me asking ?
I ve got the service book and Its seems like its been cheaply put through services so wwould like get all the above done just need a rough idea on price thanks

Why do you need a cambelt on 35K? And a water pump too??

It's over 5 years old ?? And when I say cheaply put through it came across wrong it's just never had had belts , haldex and gearbox oils changed, I ve got an extended warranty so am questing this would be voided if I ever needed to claim . And just want to get every done in one go or peace of mind and then don't have to worry about it for a while

i did the work myself took around 2 days due to parts dept, thinkit would be about 600-700 depends on if youre going to the dealers

Why not the unit is expensive vs the cost of the change more so when you're getting a big service anyway

There's nothing like a fresh car after a service! Mine is due a service in the summer, but just done:

Oil change
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter

Ready for 2k trip to Austria and back in a few weeks :wub:

There's nothing like a fresh car after a service! Mine is due a service in the summer, but just done:

Oil change
Oil Filter
Air Filter
Pollen Filter

Ready for 2k trip to Austria and back in a few weeks :wub:

miss something out? ;)

I thought the Haldex oil / filter should be changed every 20k?

According to my manual for my 2011 A3 TDi

"Changing oil in haldex coupling (all models) 38,000 miles/4years"

I also noticed over the page that the book says:

"Replacing the Toothed belt 133,000 miles"

By "toothed belt" I assume they mean the cambelt? Every 133,000 miles?? Really?

My S3 had Haldex done at 40K miles, Aircon at 40K, Brake fluid every 20K and the cambelt + water pump at 5 years old.

There's some weird service scheduling going on in this thread :w00t:

Why would you choose to do brake fluid based on mileage rather than time...?

Why sucha variation in when people choose to have Haldex done. When I called Southampton Audi service desk they told me that Haldex is every 40k, the book says 38k so that tallies.

How come you're doing your cambelt based on age not mileage? (I do agree the book stating 133k seems a bit risky mind you!).

I'm struggling to understand what logic you're all applying lol.

i tend to get more done in a service than most with oil flushes changes etc but tbh the haldex oil i pulled out of mine wasnt that dirty expensive going back in though!

There's some weird service scheduling going on in this thread :w00t:

Why would you choose to do brake fluid based on mileage rather than time...?

Why sucha variation in when people choose to have Haldex done. When I called Southampton Audi service desk they told me that Haldex is every 40k, the book says 38k so that tallies.

How come you're doing your cambelt based on age not mileage? (I do agree the book stating 133k seems a bit risky mind you!).

I'm struggling to understand what logic you're all applying lol.

Audi say 5 years or what ever mileage it is , which ever come first. Although my cars only done 35k ATM it won't be far off 40k by the time I get it serviced. As long I keep iit in with what Audi recommend then the extent ended warranty I have can be used.

Im no fool and know what you mean , cause I would ent expect a belt too go on a car that only done 35k but it's better be safe than risk it
land there's nothing wrong with looking after ya little pride and joy