Help I dont know what Ive done to my alarm!

WelshWoody83

Reaction score
I dont know what Ive done but obviously I must have checked/un checked something through VCDS but now my alarm is different. I used to be able to go out, for example like today, I went to get fuel, topped up, went to pay, my misses stayed in the car, when I come back to it the alarm goes off. It never used to but now it does.
Its seems that if I get out of the car and leave the keys in the ignition and then close the door, even for a few seconds then when I open the door the alarm goes off, its quite annoying in all fairness but Im not sure what Ive done.
What shoud be checked/un checked in the alarm section?
Its a 2008 sportback.

Thank you

i would start to have a look in the convienience control module as thats where the alarm coding is.
did you try to add the alarm beeps when you lock/unlock the car recently?

Yes I did try to add them, would that have changed things? I changd it back tough as it didnt work. Ill have another look though.

it might be that when you added that you made another change on coding that you shouldnt have needed to do.
go into VCDS and under the convienence module coding go through and see if there is anything there that looks like you may have changed.

Ive turned off Passive Arming and it seems ok, does that change anything else? I mean is the car actually armed when I lock it and walk away? The light that you can see through the windscreen still blinks.