Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Highline steering module number

Done abit of research and found mention of the 8P0 953 549 F as the correct highline module for my car so I can fit mfsw is this correct as I have seen alot of them with that part number ending in H, A, BB and BF and wanted to make sure

Thanks
    Shane
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    'F' is the correct one and you need slip ring suffix 'D'

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Yes...That's correct.

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    there is one on ebay at the mo but he is wanting £120 for it

i had one a couple weeks ago but have fitted that into a customers car. always on the lookout for these but they are rare and expensive to come across.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    BOOO!! Still after one for my steering wheel fit. Might have to spend £120 to get that one off Flea bay. He wont budge from that price so needs must and all that. If anyone hears of one coming up then can they let me know. Cheers
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

3rd Gear

Status
    I will keep an eye on eBay then for that number, thanks
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

Fossie

Status

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yh thats the guy we were talking about, so he finally dropped his price! it still wont sell at that price unless someone is really desperate!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Fossie

Status
    You might be right but they are £165 from Audi and whilst ever people want to fit mfsw they will have to pay the going rate !

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

yh but thats way over the going rate... that guy is just trying to capitalise on the fact that there arent may of those module on ebay at the moment... i bought a steering control module a few weeks back for £75 and that is still overpriced compared to the £40 i paid for my own one just over a year ago
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status

My Social Networking

I is a desperate man................I need one. Got a mint FBMFSW with no car attached to it. Aaaarrgghhh

Just PM'd the Ebay seller again as apparently the price wasnt negotiable.............we'll see if it drops again if it doesnt sell again.
    Last edited by Brodster; 23rd April 2012 at 21:05.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

lol! well im sure you can send the ebay guy a message and ask for a better price?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    yh but thats way over the going rate... that guy is just trying to capitalise on the fact that there arent may of those module on ebay at the moment... i bought a steering control module a few weeks back for £75 and that is still overpriced compared to the £40 i paid for my own one just over a year ago
    Supply and demand mate - basic economics ! Unfortunately it's the way of the world !

Status

My Social Networking

Straight from horses mouth:- "I wont take any less than advertised"

I do believe this was his last comment............time will tell.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i knw he would take £100 cash on collection and although he isnt that far from my work place there isnt anything in it for me so i wont bother.plus i have spent my money on other good things
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status

My Social Networking

This is all too confusing now...went into the garage yesterday as I had a niggling feeling that I had suffix F steering module fitted on my S3 which would mean I could go ahead and fit the FBMFSW. This is whats fitted

SLIP RING - IK0 959 653 D
    MODULE - 8P0 953 549 F (yes F)

So I do believe that I dont require a new module..........can someone verify please.

IF this is correct do I need an additional loom to go from wheel to module?
    Last edited by Brodster; 26th April 2012 at 09:02.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

You have the correct module!
    Is your car an dsg by any chance as they have the F module as standard?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status

My Social Networking

Nope its a manual S3. Dunno why its fitted but hey I dont need to shell out dosh for a new one now. Do I need a new loom?

Fossie

Status
    Those are the correct modules for mfsw. If you are fitting a fbmfsw you should have the correct loom supplied with the wheel and airbag.

Status

My Social Networking

You have the correct module!
    Sorted!! Cheers for the info mate. Was good to talk to you. Picked up more info in a 20 mins phonecall that Ive had trawling all the threads Will get that loom ordered ASAP.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ok so the loom you need is 8J0 971 589 H, ETKA shows it as £38 from Audi... get ordering and get fitting!
    Was nice talking to you too mate
    lol now your going to think "that was quick"
    Last edited by Ash187; 26th April 2012 at 10:09.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status

My Social Networking

Think I was slightly quicker though......

Thanks for the help buddy.

Status

My Social Networking

Part ordered........be here tomorrow morning........Get On.

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    i knw he would take £100 cash on collection and although he isnt that far from my work place there isnt anything in it for me so i wont bother.plus i have spent my money on other good things
    I messaged that eBay fella last night. He agreed £90 collected after I offered him £70 collected.
    VCDS Owner-North London/Enfield
    " To Cruise Is What I Do"

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

ahh so you going to get it now then? he obviously knows he isnt going to get his asking price what with so many people messaging him and then just giving up
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    I may do Ash, think he has got two so may be cheeky and give him £160 for the pair. Not sure he will go for it?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

nah i already tried that lol
    he said he had 2 and although the pic shows he has 2 he actually only has 1 left. he is finding it hard to sell so now is slowly lowering his price. £90 i guess isnt as bad as £120
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Status

My Social Networking

See if he relists it again at a lower price like he did before. My 1st dealings with him he said No Way to anything less than asking price....so its now £90.........hmmm I would wait and call his bluff.

Status

My Social Networking

The FBMFSW saga continues. Fitted the wheel today after getting the loom. Not really that hard to fit it. So when it came to code it this is where all the problems started. A lengthy phone call to Ash proceeded after getting ESP light on and afew other things, and then we discovered that my car is actually fitted with Steering Module IK0 953 549 AH which is in fact NOT compatible with a FBMFSW. Now having been into the Audi garage and getting a print out of what is fitted to my car according to Audi, it transpires that they have f****d up by incorrectly identifying the wrong module.....what a phone call that was. I await their investigation.
    So Im really back to square one albeit with a FBMFSW fitted and no active controls. The hunt for a suffix F module begins again.
    Must thank Ash for doing a brilliant job in sitting with me with on mobile with bluetooth on and VCDS running for more an hour trying to decipher what was wrong with the car. Thanks buddy....I owe you one. You are a top bloke
    Last edited by Brodster; 27th April 2012 at 16:05.

Status

My Social Networking

WOW......just heard back from the garage with the worst ever excuse Ive heard. The MFSW was never an option on my chassis number as an S3. A little baffled now as Ive seen alot of 8P2 S3's with them fitted as standard but apparently was never an option for my car according to their database. The head parts dude says he will get no-where with it if email sent to higher authority. We'll see. I can see a major rant brewing up over the weekend. 0800 Monday and I will be there knocking on the doors.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    The FBMFSW saga continues. Fitted the wheel today after getting the loom. Not really that hard to fit it. So when it came to code it this is where all the problems started. A lengthy phone call to Ash proceeded after getting ESP light on and afew other things, and then we discovered that my car is actually fitted with Steering Module IK0 953 549 AH which is in fact NOT compatible with a FBMFSW. Now having been into the Audi garage and getting a print out of what is fitted to my car according to Audi, it transpires that they have f****d up by incorrectly identifying the wrong module.....what a phone call that was. I await their investigation.
    So Im really back to square one albeit with a FBMFSW fitted and no active controls. The hunt for a suffix F module begins again.
    Must thank Ash for doing a brilliant job in sitting with me with on mobile with bluetooth on and VCDS running for more an hour trying to decipher what was wrong with the car. Thanks buddy....I owe you one. You are a top bloke
    No probs mate, its just a long procedure to get rid of those stupid errors.

WOW......just heard back from the garage with the worst ever excuse Ive heard. The MFSW was never an option on my chassis number as an S3. A little baffled now as Ive seen alot of 8P2 S3's with them fitted as standard but apparently was never an option for my car according to their database. The head parts dude says he will get no-where with it if email sent to higher authority. We'll see. I can see a major rant brewing up over the weekend. 0800 Monday and I will be there knocking on the doors.
    What a load of crap!! 2008 S3s dont come with MFSW??? oh i'd like to see how they keep that one up? so much bull!!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift,

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    these audi bois really need to sort themselfs out and stop chatting alot of poop when dont no whats going on.
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

Status

My Social Networking

Looking forward already to the discussion on Monday. One other thing has anyone got the part number for the airbag screws plastic blanking plates. My wheel seems to have none and the 2 from the S3 wheel dont fit.

The old S3 wheel will be going on the classifieds section so watch this space.

"Cruise My Ride"

Status
    Give the part number of the wheel to Audi parts and they will match up the caps. About £6 each iirc.

Status

My Social Networking

They might not be able to order them, seeing as the wheel isn't an option on that type of car......APPARENTLY. pmsl

Fossie

Status
    Looking forward already to the discussion on Monday. One other thing has anyone got the part number for the airbag screws plastic blanking plates. My wheel seems to have none and the 2 from the S3 wheel dont fit.

The old S3 wheel will be going on the classifieds section so watch this space.
    Should be :- 8J0 419 732 (6PS black) £2.65 each but check first !!!!