Volks AutosChris Nott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Not again.....

  1. #1
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632

    Not again.....

    Hope the S3 is not taking the vxr route (where the thing started to fall apart from new)


    Just fitted the Forge twintake and was a amazing drive to uni. Car felt more responsive and the noise it make.... vvvvrrrrrrooommmmmm Wooooossssssshhhhhhh.....



    After uni got in the car. Allowed to car to warm up always, seems like there is no turbo. Like its in limp mode. There is no EML light.. Checked over the forge and all pipes seem tightly secured etc.

    Anyone had this before?

    p.s. when taking of the cover, i had placed the maf sensor screws on the window plastic bitty and when pulling the cover off, this launched the screws in the air. If one had fallen in the turbo would it have be obvious when switch/driving the car? Cus there was no noise


    Thanks

    Worried ilim

    (pic of the car)

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Lewbo's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hull
    Posts
    1,046
    Glad you recieved this ok today mate, can't see why you are having this problem, I had this fitted to my car and was perfect. Pulled awesome and sounded awesome, power delivery was better.
    Sure you havent put the maf sensor in the wrong way, or it's not damaged. That creates a lot of problems. I thought you was selling the s3?
    Current
    2006 56 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition Moro Blue

    previous
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI 170 S-tronic phantom black
    2006 VW Golf Gti Black
    2008 S3 Dolphin Grey
    2007 A3 S Line 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic Ibis White
    2005 A3 S Line 2.0 TDI S-tronic Brilliant Red

  4. #3
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi mate the pipe on the maf looks ripped, or are i,m i seeing things , the clip is on the top so maf is in right way..

  5. #4
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by a3_sline_tdi View Post
    Glad you recieved this ok today mate, can't see why you are having this problem, I had this fitted to my car and was perfect. Pulled awesome and sounded awesome, power delivery was better.
    Sure you havent put the maf sensor in the wrong way, or it's not damaged. That creates a lot of problems. I thought you was selling the s3?
    It was fine mate. Until i drove it out of uni seems like the turbo doesnt kick in.. Was planning to sell the s3 for the ttrs but the waiting time is till december... and by that time new stuff would have come out. Going to check the maf sensor again tonight to see if its in right. cus it can only go in one way. yeah?

  6. #5
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Hi mate the pipe on the maf looks ripped, or are i,m i seeing things , the clip is on the top so maf is in right way..
    Nope seems fine mate. the cables all seem in..

  7. #6
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    S3 Forge Twintake Review

    its the same on here.. think its a standard cable problem...

  8. #7
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi mate any better pictures of the maf area?

  9. #8
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    two secs. going to the car now to get some..

  10. #9
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    I have had the same problem with the Neuspeed intake... Nobody was able to figure it out. When you clear the code though it goes back to normal. If you put the stock one back on it will run fine again after you clear the codes... There will not be any fault codes though.

    This is the reply I got from Arin at APR when i was inquiring about the VW Racing intake.

    "The issue you described is exactly the behavior that occurs when fuel trims max out. The car will run fine for a while and then will go into limp mode. Clearing fault codes would allow power to come back till the fuel trims got too high again (this happens over time). It doesn't always throw a fault code.


    The issue has to do with either a leak where the intake connected to the turbo, a leak at the mass airflow housing or an incorrect mass airflow diameter that's so far out of spec, the ECU's unable to compensate. It's one or a combination of these three things as the issue went away once the stock intake was installed."

    Waiting on my VWR intake to try to figure it out... Could be that the ECU just can't handle an intake.

  11. #10
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Ive checked over the intake just now and all seems fine an tight. how ever i am only using one screw to hold the maf sensor in place as i dropped the other one OOPPPSS could this cause a leak??




  12. #11
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon001 View Post
    I have had the same problem with the Neuspeed intake... Nobody was able to figure it out. When you clear the code though it goes back to normal. If you put the stock one back on it will run fine again after you clear the codes... There will not be any fault codes though.

    This is the reply I got from Arin at APR when i was inquiring about the VW Racing intake.

    "The issue you described is exactly the behavior that occurs when fuel trims max out. The car will run fine for a while and then will go into limp mode. Clearing fault codes would allow power to come back till the fuel trims got too high again (this happens over time). It doesn't always throw a fault code.


    The issue has to do with either a leak where the intake connected to the turbo, a leak at the mass airflow housing or an incorrect mass airflow diameter that's so far out of spec, the ECU's unable to compensate. It's one or a combination of these three things as the issue went away once the stock intake was installed."

    Waiting on my VWR intake to try to figure it out... Could be that the ECU just can't handle an intake.
    Would a battery disconnect and connect sort this??

  13. #12
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi mate i would get some screws ordered and try some electric tape( easy to take off again ) to seal up area ,covering screw hole ,to see if this helps while you wait for screw..

  14. #13
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Hi mate i would get some screws ordered and try some tape to seal up area ,covering screw hole ,to see if this helps while you wait for screw..
    Where can i get screws mate.. Will B&Q have them and whats the measurements of the screws?

  15. #14
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    I,d get them from audi or breakers ,as you dont want to thread the hole..

  16. #15
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    screwfix?
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  17. #16
    mjr901's Avatar
    S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,786
    My neuspeed had a different thread to the originals so make sure it's right mate
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

  18. #17
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Nooo lol get a part number from a member and order on phone or get them on here ..

  19. #18
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    is there any measurements for the screws?

  20. #19
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Nooo lol get a part number from a member and order on phone or get them on here ..
    Is there anyone on here that can get the part number.

  21. #20
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    You need etka for part number

  22. #21
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    I will ask a member for you

  23. #22
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    I will ask a member for you
    Cheers mate, im going to check the garage floor now to see if the screw is there?

    Hope that is the problem...

  24. #23
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Ilim, Forge supply the 3mm Allen Key screws for the MAF sensor with the Twintake kit (you cannot use the OEM ones), so would probably be best emailing them and asking to sell you a replacement screw. They are very good customer service wise and it shouldn't take them long to get one out to you. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  25. #24
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Nice one paula , as i have the itg i just use the oem ones..

  26. #25
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Ilim, Forge supply the 3mm Allen Key screws for the MAF sensor with the Twintake kit (you cannot use the OEM ones), so would probably be best emailing them and asking to sell you a replacement screw. They are very good customer service wise and it shouldn't take them long to get one out to you. xx

    Paullie u are a legend..... Hope this sorts the issue with no power... Rest seems fine.. all tight and the air flow in the right way. Going to email them now.. Woop woop...

  27. #26
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Nice one paula , as i have the itg i just use the oem ones..
    Yeah John, OEM is T20 screw and those supplied with the Forge kit are 3mm Allen Key screws. Until he gets the replacement though, Ilim should just do as you suggest and tape up the hole, etc xx
    Kelza likes this.
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  28. #27
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Quote Originally Posted by ilim View Post
    Paullie u are a legend..... Hope this sorts the issue with no power... Rest seems fine.. all tight and the air flow in the right way. Going to email them now.. Woop woop...
    No probs, Buddy. Hope this fixes it. You may just have to take it easy until you get the other screw. Did you get the post I left for you on your thread earlier, with the part numbers for the TTS engine cover, so you won't need to give Audi your chassis number? xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  29. #28
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    Tried the battery disconnect. Didn't help...

  30. #29
    Paullie's Avatar
    Banana Menace!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,088
    Ilim, going by what Arin at APR told Gryphon, ..if the missing screw on your MAF isn't the problem, perhaps your fuel pump is maxing out. I believe this can happen to standard as well as to mapped cars (I do know that you like to drive your car 'spiritedly', lol ), so it could be something to do with what you're experiencing, but HOPEFULLY it's simply the missing MAF screw. You should probably get your car scanned to check for any codes too, just to be on the safe side. xx
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

  31. #30
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    If you scan it and there are no relative codes, that's probably your issue. With APR software I have a fault code erase which made it easier on me. Bu I'd have to use it every time I drive. It would actually go limp in stock mode too... And had a tendency to happen under heavy load. On the highway driving at around 2800-3200 rpm, 6th gear & accelerating.

  32. #31
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Paullie View Post
    Ilim, going by what Arin at APR told Gryphon, ..if the missing screw on your MAF isn't the problem, perhaps your fuel pump is maxing out. I believe this can happen to standard as well as to mapped cars (I do know that you like to drive your car 'spiritedly', lol ), so it could be something to do with what you're experiencing, but HOPEFULLY it's simply the missing MAF screw. You should probably get your car scanned to check for any codes too, just to be on the safe side. xx

    Is there anyone in Aberdeen that can scan it???

  33. #32
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Car is not running good at all. Tapped up the hole maf sensor still not running straight. Can't even hear the turbo windup. Forge is coming off tonight...

  34. #33
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi mate what stage are you on (mapped) ?

  35. #34
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by s3kel View Post
    Hi mate what stage are you on (mapped) ?
    No mate standard car no mapping.

    I have taken it of the car now and will be selling the forge. If you want one look at the for sale section mate..


    Thanks all for the help. Looks like the car does not like mods...

  36. #35
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by ilim View Post
    Car is not running good at all. Tapped up the hole maf sensor still not running straight. Can't even hear the turbo windup. Forge is coming off tonight...
    Wont run right till you reset the non existant codes...

  37. #36
    Kelza's Avatar
    MODERATOR

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    2,547
    Hi mate theres a few members from aberdeen that can clear fault codes

  38. #37
    S.
    S.'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,422
    hi ilim, sorry to hear you have problem mate.
    if you don't have EML on then probably won't be error codes on VCDS, as i've read on revo manuals, throttle body adaptation recovers car from the limp mode. so you need someone with vcds to do it for you.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

    / Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...


  39. #38
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    The problem with the throttle adaptation is that it's not a permanent fix... I can do it with the cruise controls using the APR tune. But tge car would just go back into limp mode again...

  40. #39
    ilim's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    632
    Put the standard intake on last night and the car is running fine. Called Audi roadside assistance and they came out checked the car over and seemed all ok. Still 50/50 on the forge. Might give it one more go and drive the car slowly to get it used to it. You think this will work?


    ilim

  41. #40
    Gryphon001's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    303
    Have a tech install it... Make sure no leaks. I spoke to APR and apparently there isn't any way to adapt the ECU for it so it's either the intakes fault or your ECU can't handle one... That's my understanding. Some cars are apparently very finicky.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO