Headlights

They will if you change the wings, bumper, bonnet etc!

washers and levellers too if going xenon lol

will they defo not go int heres another thread started today choosing between 09 and 11 for his 07....?

just get the OEM bi-xenons like mine! has DRLs though not the LED ones but i have replaced the DRL bulb with an LED one and it looks very nice!

i have one complete with an additonal ballast an bulb all you would need is a d/s housing and youve got em pm me for details

well i was lucky to have picked them up for £330, then I just fitted it myself with the adapters and installed uprated 8000k D1S bulbs which came to a total of about £450. I did sell on the OEM bulbs too so probably spent just over £400 for the lot.
I already had headlight washers on the car from factory and still have not installed the self levelling kit and to be honest dont really see the point, If i get pulled up

here is a set complete with bulbs and ballasts for anyone wanting to do this install: ★ AUDI A3 S3 8P0941030AA + 8P0941003AA XENON HEADLIGHT LEFT + RIGHT RHD ★ | eBay

Im curious what the new legislation is/will be re xenons.

I read the mot manual today about them. It says along the lines of...

Headlight Washers or Self Levelling lights MAY be fitted.
Lists reasons for refusal as washers or levellers being clearly defective, or in operative. But als says you may not be able to test levellers.
No where did it say it MUST have them, or that both are required. Lists introduction as April / May.

Toyota (who i work for) are still selling cars, ie prius and avensis with xenons, with no washers, they may have levellers, never really checked. Though my bmw has them, and the lights move down and up when you first start up. So if Toyota has them, they dont work in the same way.

There is clearly a reason some manufacturers have been fitting washers with xenons for years. But there must be a reason Toyota arent.
They cant change the law on having to have washers, if there are thousands of cars sold already that dont have them.
Now an after market kit is a different story, as someone has willingly fitted it.
But whats someone meant to do when they buy a car that cant pass an MOT because of a law change / design oversight.

The bigger problem is HID kits in normal lights, without projector lenses. These are what blind people.

You're preaching to the choir but it is only a matter of time before these thongs become legislation for Retro and aftermarket

The MOT may only check for washers and auto levelling if they are fitted but the UK Construction and Use Regulations make no provision for Xenon HID's at all. This means that Xenon HID's are not allowed in the UK.

Manufacturer's get round this by holding European Type Approval for their designs and vehicles which hold this can be used in the UK as it overrules the C+U Regulations.

However fitting them to a non-type approved headlamp unit without the prerequisite auto levelling and washing systems would not meet the Type Approval and are therefore illegal.

This is also the reason why all aftermarket HID kits are illegal as they do not have any form of European Type Approval for a particular vehicle.

I don't really understand why they have to have washer jets? Is this just to reduce the amount of people that aftermarket them

well i was lucky to have picked them up for £330, then I just fitted it myself with the adapters and installed uprated 8000k D1S bulbs which came to a total of about £450. I did sell on the OEM bulbs too so probably spent just over £400 for the lot.
I already had headlight washers on the car from factory and still have not installed the self levelling kit and to be honest dont really see the point, If i get pulled up

here is a set complete with bulbs and ballasts for anyone wanting to do this install: ★ AUDI A3 S3 8P0941030AA + 8P0941003AA XENON HEADLIGHT LEFT + RIGHT RHD ★ | eBay

So please tell me do i need the leveling control unit and etc? I took your advice and picked up the same ones you posted from ebay.
Now I am waiting to install them to my car (Halogen based)

What would i need to change or buy additionally?
Please keep in mind in Botswana, there are no MOTs or regulations governing autoleveling xenons etc. That said, I do not want to be the jerk driving around blinding all on coming traffic.

Have i not bought the single xenon?
I am not even sure what it is i have bought from that guy, I was convinced it was a single xenon.
the loom you have indicated above is for a bi-xenon. Is there any difference?

I don't really understand why they have to have washer jets? Is this just to reduce the amount of people that aftermarket them

By all accounts it's to do with the amount of light spread from a dirty headlight glass.