Badger5AH Fabrications
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: My new S3 Black Edition - Brilliant black

2nd Gear

Status
    stetheo - To be honest buddy it spends long periods in the winter in a lot worse state! I struggle to find the time to keep totally on top of it!

The Governor - There's a bit of a review above the before pics, basically feels a lot more fun, responsive, understeer is dramatically reduced and I feel it even rides a little nicer. Totally vouch for this kit on this car! See more above...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry, I scrolled up after I commented as I've forgotten I'd read it before. The kit isn't too expensive either is it, at about £170 ish? How were the fitting costs?

I'm liking this for my TDi BE Quattro...

2nd Gear

Status
    Well I think the kit is about 160inc VAT for an S3, although remember that application only has the front springs. I paid £150 all in for Unit 18 in Milton Keynes to fit the kit, conduct a 4-wheel alignment and also a VCDS check due to some unrelated Haldex issues. If you have the spare cash, go for it. Like you said, such a dramatic enhancement in looks with such a subtle change and the handling is much improved in every area.

2nd Gear

Status
    Oh and as for insurance, it cost me the princely sum of 17 quid!

5th Gear

Status
    Cars looking good buddy... I've just got a set of the H&R 25mm springs... Think it'll make such a difference to my car for something so subtle
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Jacko, yours too.. You won't be disappointed matey if they're anywhere near as sorted as the Eibach.

1st Gear

Status
    Batch do you have any pics of your embossed leather? As I've always fancied this thanks

1st Gear

Status
    sits perfect mate! enjoy

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ron burgandy View Post
    Batch do you have any pics of your embossed leather? As I've always fancied this thanks
    Not sure what you mean mate, it's just standard S3 "golf ball" leather?

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers bro, yes it does! As I said, for such a minimal change the visual impact is massive!

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by batch View Post
    Thanks Mr_Sixx, it's my pride and joy!

Here's a quick snap of the new look, it's not the best position on a slope but you get the idea. Just tucks the front down discreetly but compared to standard it makes all the difference!

been toying with the idea of springs either eibach or h&r but I only think it is the front that has to come down on the s3 so eibachs are looking the best way forward. have you got a side on pic? quite handy because it is rotors that I have too..
    mechanic69 and Hoesty like this.
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

2nd Gear

Status
    Not really an update, but worth sharing... Proof of the old adage, if you don't ask you don't get! Car went in for a service today, and after a chat with my salesman I ended up with this on demo...

These things are BEASTS! It's not as quick cross-country as my mapped S3 but the wave of torque and superb S-Tronic box are phenomenal, and I couldn't take 4 of my mates across the country with luggage at 40mpg in my S3...
    Gotta be considered for my next Audi!
    Dave-S3 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    the wheels don't suit that car and to much chrome going on, apart from that I like them
    2006 8P Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sportback SE / 2013 8V Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback

2nd Gear

Status
    So I bit the bullet and purchased my first serious bit of detailing kit, a DAS-6 kit with Dodo pads from Juicy Detailing...

Have to say I was really impressed by the helpful friendly service and rapid delivery of my kit. And, true to my form, it chooses to piss it down for the duration of the long weekend the day after I get it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    been toying with the idea of springs either eibach or h&r but I only think it is the front that has to come down on the s3 so eibachs are looking the best way forward. have you got a side on pic? quite handy because it is rotors that I have too..
    Eibachs are good, brings front end down just right and takes away the twitchy front end. Add decent dampers like Bilsteins to finish it off.
    S3 - Sprint Blue BE [MY11] My Build Thread
    Options - Satnav, Bluetooth, MFSW, Privacy Glass, Nappa Leather
    Mods - Bluefin Stage 1, DV+, Revo Race CIA, Cruise, TPMS, Bilstein B8s, Eibach Pro Kit, H&M Spacers, Exclusive Leather Trims
    Future - Downpipe sports CAT, HPFP, Stage 2+, ALK, ARB, 2nd Mortgage

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanic69 View Post
    Eibachs are good, brings front end down just right and takes away the twitchy front end. Add decent dampers like Bilsteins to finish it off.
    I reviewed my experience above. I feel that the Pro-Kit front springs actually match the damper piston "reach" better than the originals and also certainly make the car sit better! I firmly believe that uprated dampers aren't essential however that's me talking with a 12k car, definitely worth an upgrade rather than OEM replacement if you're on higher miles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234