Audi a3 new stereo to replace original head unit...recommendation please.

cooldragon224

Reaction score
Hi people

I want to replace my original audi concert cd player in my audi a3 2004 with the new stereo system but I am not sure which one to go for. I had a sony gt450 in my old civic and it was great. However I want something new but I havent got a clue which one would be thebest for my car.

At first I was going to buy audi rns-e system. However where I live is not a good area and I don't want my window getting smash (happened before) so I decided not to go for it.

The system in my car is not bose (I THINK),it doesn't have have Bose barge on the rear speaker like my friends one. Any recommendation would be much appreciated. My budget is under 200 quid :))I prefer it to have usb port and iphone/ipod connection. Bluetooth connection would be nice but its not that necessary.

Thanks for reading my thread.

TBH if you stick an aftermarket nice unit in there, it would be just as attractive or even more than the RNS mate as could be used on almost any car, whereas an audi unit is just for that chassis as such, there will always be a market for any unit type, at least with oem you're narrowing the field, but I understand your point.

£200 only really allows for aftermarket tbh, so you'd have to search the resellers sites like halfords for something with your feature list/budget.