Convenience close window function, any way to add?

apoc_reg

Reaction score
Absolutely loving my new Audi but one thing that's really annoying me is that my car doesn't have the convince close window feature, only the comparatively useless convenience open function!

it seems odd to me that it would have that and not close, is there any way to add this? I have already walked away from the car once without realising a window is open!

Thanks guys

Should have close on both lock and unlock just by holding down the respective button.

If you only have it one way it may be that the close on lock isn't coded into your car yet. If you can get VCDS you can sort it. Or if you have the option to turn it on/off in your DIS depending on the year of your motor.

Thanks for the reply. The DIS only lists convenience open and not convenience close so guessing isn't on my car.

Is there a part or something that could add this?

Edit: ah so you're saying VCDS can sort it? I don't know what that is but I'll google it! Cheers

Thanks again

Apoc, VCDS is an access system which allows a garage or an owner to look at and change many of the car's settings. There are many members on this forum who have VCDS equipment and would I am sure be glad to help you out.

Thanks I shall look around!

Is this something my dealer could do or are they likely to charge me £10million? :)

Where abouts in cambs are you? Icould do a scan and code the close feature into your car. Have you tried leaving the windows open and then locking the car then holding down the lock button again for a while? Have you tried double pressing the lock button too on the fob?

Where abouts in cambs are you? Icould do a scan and code the close feature into your car. Have you tried leaving the windows open and then locking the car then holding down the lock button again for a while? Have you tried double pressing the lock button too on the fob?

That would be incredibly kind mate. I'll try the bits you mention first and PM you.

Thanks again

The systems mentioned would require coding individually anyway as they're 2 seperate features, I wouldnt have conv open anyway incase you sit on the key & it opens everything for some nice person to ransack the car.

You can also code it so you can press the key button, once it starts closing, release & it continues to close which is far more convenient.

You can also code it so you can press the key button, once it starts closing, release & it continues to close which is far more convenient.

You don't know off hand which part in the coding does this do you bud? Think I saw it, but can't remember what it's called in VCDS.

Also, haven't tried this, but do you know if the closure on rain sensor coding works?

So Rich just popped over for me to code this funtion on his car. He has a very lovely A3 although could do with a few mods although very nice optional extras. :p..

He already had the open window feature in his dis which worked however there was no option of closing.

I plugged in the vcds and did a scan, being a new car no errors. :D.

When I tried to acess 46-Central Conv. We got the no response from controller error. Tried replugging in the cable, starting the car nothing worked. I have the latest version of vcds and can acess it fine on mine or my brothers cars, 8P1 and 8P2's.

This is a 2012 8P3 model. Has the coding changed as we couldn't find anything about closing the windows in 09-Central Elec. Went through all the long coding and this has changed from the long coding in mine or my brothers cars too. The bytes were for different things completely.

Does anyone know what the problem is. We went through most of the modules to see if its in there and couldn't see it anywhere?
Has it moved or changed?

Thanks

Depending on your conv module version, check out byte 5 bit 6 comfort closing automatic closing on older module 46 versions, yours would be in 09.

Give me a chance on the mods Rich only got it Friday haha :racer:

As rich said no sign of those anywhere in 09 or 46, it's features are standard black edition kit without any other extras.

Cheers!

46 doesnt exist on facelift cars unless you had early 08 cars with the older CE/Conv modules which showed up as 09 & 46, now its a merged module in 09.

Give me a chance on the mods Rich only got it Friday haha :racer:

As rich said no sign of those anywhere in 09 or 46, it's features are standard black edition kit without any other extras.

Cheers!

So bizarre.. I have the same car as you apart from engine and my comfort functions for the windows were all activated.

I'll try that NHN when I'm next around to do it. I didn't realise that they had removed 46 and combined it into 09. Thanks.

Keeping an eye on this! Both open and close functions work on mine but if I could code it to continue to open/close after releasing the button that'd be even better. As for the close on rain sensor mentioned above - that sounds just too good to be true tbh! :)

Keeping an eye on this! Both open and close functions work on mine but if I could code it to continue to open/close after releasing the button that'd be even better. As for the close on rain sensor mentioned above - that sounds just too good to be true tbh! :)

Yeaaaa I saw this the other day when I was having a play. Iv got auto wipers so I'm gonna activate it and fire the hose at the car :p

My DIS only lists Convenience Open but, once selected, both Convenience Open and Convenience Close work...

I wouldn't mind getting the one click mod, although either NHN or N8 scared me by pointing out that if I lean on my keys, the car locks itself after a moment but the windows stay open... so I turned CO off :p

Yeaaaa I saw this the other day when I was having a play. Iv got auto wipers so I'm gonna activate it and fire the hose at the car :p

If you try this can you video it as if it doesn't work your cars inside might get rather wet.. :p

haha Would be an enteratianing watch.. :D

Yep I'm not sure the rain helped our playing the other day Rich :)

So odd that some have it and some don't!

Success! I have no idea how but suddenly this is working. I turned open off in the DIS and back on and suddenly it works. Something that Rich tweaked with has done the job :beerchug: