S3 Remapped! :)

Slappi

Reaction score
Finally had the S3 remapped last weekend and took it on a long test drive to Whitley Bay for a stag do lol.

It's amazing how different the car feels. Much better throttle response, less lag and pulls better in every gear (especially 1st, 2nd and 3rd).

I'm so glad I bought the S3 and didn't go for my original choice of Focus RS. The quality of everything about the car is excellent (as you all know).

Just thought i'd share, thanks!

Finally had the S3 remapped last weekend and took it on a long test drive to Whitley Bay for a stag do lol.

It's amazing how different the car feels. Much better throttle response, less lag and pulls better in every gear (especially 1st, 2nd and 3rd).

I'm so glad I bought the S3 and didn't go for my original choice of Focus RS. The quality of everything about the car is excellent (as you all know).

Just thought i'd share, thanks!

Totally agree mate i had mine done a few weeks back and there is a big noticable difference....but a just word of advice depending on the map you've had done if you floor it a bit too much after a few thousand miles your clutch could possibly start slipping :( but in the mean time ENJOYY :)

Glad you're enjoying it.

A remap makes the car much closer to what it should have been.

Shall I get my 'soapbox' out? Hahahaha.
Enjoy it! They are superb cars they really are. I've just done a run to Derby via the A38 :D
Big grin time!

Yes the clutch is the only thing worrying me now in case it starts to slip! Does feel brilliant though and I completely agree it should have come out the factory doors like this.

Big thanks to my mate Mike (owner of Peak Performance Tuning) who did the map in horrendous rain lol. Excellent!

Was ur car 265 bhp before tuning ? And what is it now ?

Yes the clutch is the only thing worrying me now in case it starts to slip! Does feel brilliant though and I completely agree it should have come out the factory doors like this.
Most of the clutches seem OK up to about Stg1 or 310lbs or thereabouts.

After that,they mostly start to give in.

The Sachs organic is a good choice,and very robust if you run it in for the first thousand miles,and don't go in for drag style starts.

Was ur car 265 bhp before tuning ? And what is it now ?

Yes was 265 mate. Now it's 310BHP and about 320lbs ft of torque although it would need a rolling road to confirm figures.

Feels good though!

Most of the clutches seem OK up to about Stg1 or 310lbs or thereabouts.

After that,they mostly start to give in.

The Sachs organic is a good choice,and very robust if you run it in for the first thousand miles,and don't go in for drag style starts.

Cheers mate will have a look at them (hopefully not have to though!)

To be honest though I don't really abuse the clutch. I've never even done a proper launch off the line or anything like that as I try to avoid it lol

Cheers mate will have a look at them (hopefully not have to though!)

To be honest though I don't really abuse the clutch. I've never even done a proper launch off the line or anything like that as I try to avoid it lol
If you get much over 300ish lbs,then the stock clutch is on borrowed time.

I was pretty easy on mine,but it chucked in the towel at around 330lbs,but the Sachs lasted well into 400+lbs.