Engine management light

markj1974

Reaction score
Hi,
Had the engine management light come on about 6 weeks ago on my a3 2.0 tdi s line dsg, mechanic ran a scan, intake manifold flap not opening/shutting correctly, replaced intake manifold flap (£360) Cardiff Audi, light still on !! Replaced fuse (f8) as it had blown, only knowing that from the forum so got my guy out to run another scan & reset hoping that it would stay off this time. Nope scan was saying mass air flow sensor/ signal too low !!! Replaced the maf myself and the ****** is still on, got my mechanic out again hoping that it only needed resetting. While he was there the light was out, he said that a gearbox solanoid error was the only 1 showing up on his scan, told me not to worry about it and the engine management light shouldn't come back on !!! He left, as soon as i started my car the next time the light was on again & is staying on !!! Wtf doing my head in, don't think I'm going to use the same mechanic again but need to get it sorted !!! Any ideas ????

Hi, this will definately work , i hve got the same story as yours engine light come up went to mechanic, he change the throttle body for 280 pounds but the light came back on again , went back again to him and he said ohh it could be the other top part of throtle body so another 80 pounds , light went off for few hours then come back on again , so i had enough of these mechanics and there rip off prices , went to look on internet forums, some really expert and great poeple out here who knows and really willing to help for free , so i decided to to do what they said , i check the fuse next to battery compartment and its F22 FUSE FOR ENGINE COMPONENET its was gone so i change itmyself , then what i did what many have not tried yet , I HAVE UNPLUG THE BATTERY WIRES FROM THE BONNET LEAVE IT FOR 10 MINS... AND THEN PLUG IT BACK ON..... when i start the engine all the light came on ESP , STEARING WHEEL ETC BUT WHEN I START DRIVING IT WENT OFF ONE BY ONE ; AND THIS MORNING THE ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT WENT OFF completley.. SO TRY THAT ; I HAVE ASKED ONE OF MY MATE AND HE SAID THIS IS A MASTER RESET ... SO CHECK THE FUSE F 22 AND THEN UNPLUG THE BATTERY WIRE FOR 10 MINS AND THEN PLUG THEM BACK AGAIN DONT worry about OF ALL THE LIGHT ALL THE CAR DOES IS READ THEM SLOWLY SO ALL OF THEM WILL GO EVENTUALLY ONE BY ONE BUT I DO RECEMMOMD TO DRIVE ONCE TO PLUG THE BATTERY WIRE BACK IN .. MANY THANKS please give me feed back if any one else tried it as really it will save you money and time and does not required ECU computer or any thing.
kind regards
Shuja​

Hi pustv , this will definately work , i hve got the same story as yours engine light come up went to mechanic, he change the throttle body for 280 pounds but the light came back on again , went back again to him and he said ohh it could be the other top part of throtle body so another 80 pounds , light went off for few hours then come back on again , so i had enough of these mechanics and there rip off prices , went to look on internet forums, some really expert and great poeple out here who knows and really willing to help for free , so i decided to to do what they said , i check the fuse next to battery compartment and its F22 FUSE FOR ENGINE COMPONENET its was gone so i change itmyself , then what i did what many have not tried yet , I HAVE UNPLUG THE BATTERY WIRES FROM THE BONNET LEAVE IT FOR 10 MINS... AND THEN PLUG IT BACK ON..... when i start the engine all the light came on ESP , STEARING WHEEL ETC BUT WHEN I START DRIVING IT WENT OFF ONE BY ONE ; AND THIS MORNING THE ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT WENT OFF completley.. SO TRY THAT ; I HAVE ASKED ONE OF MY MATE AND HE SAID THIS IS A MASTER RESET ... SO CHECK THE FUSE F 22 AND THEN UNPLUG THE BATTERY WIRE FOR 10 MINS AND THEN PLUG THEM BACK AGAIN DONT worry about OF ALL THE LIGHT ALL THE CAR DOES IS READ THEM SLOWLY SO ALL OF THEM WILL GO EVENTUALLY ONE BY ONE BUT I DO RECOMMEND TO DRIVE ONCE TO PLUG THE BATTERY WIRE BACK IN .. MANY THANKS please give me feed back if any one else tried it as really it will save you money and time and does not required ECU computer or any thing.
kind regards
Shuja​

clean throttle body, flush oil and replace, new filter, clear codes, throttle body adaptaition and change fuse all done :)

Audi techs most of the time IMHO these days think PC diagnostics tells all. I wonder if the throttle body did need changing if a fuse had blown?

When I disconnected battery while adding cruise control, only the 'steering wheel' light was on, which reset after turning the steering wheel lock to lock.

P5SND suggested if was more poss a gunked up body and MAF needing cleaning.

probably more likely siezed with todays "long life" schedules things get gunked up and the services being done are sub standard a flush should be procedure with oil change but it isnt same with a throttle body clean they keep your oil burn to a low

Why do these two lights stay on when ignition on one click? Bugs the hell out of me it's just those two anyone know the reason?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    596.3 KB · Views: 4,487
Why does this bug you? You only need to have those just before you crank the engine to start it. Otherwise, accessory position can be used to allow electrics to work.

Reactions: Sayam