JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Has any one had this or know what causes it?

As the title asks really. I've had this in the carpet since I bought the car. A bit annoyed as I missed it when (not so) thoroughly checking the car over. But obviously saw it soon after! Private sale, so no recourse with a garage available.

Last edited by Elgy; 20th April 2012 at 22:51.
    2007 8P S-line 140 TDI BKD Sportback. Milltek De-cat, Cat-back, AMD remap, 312mm Brake conversion, Bose, Alcantra Leather, BT, Dark Headlining, Piano black trim, courtesy light pack.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sideways

Status
    The link won't work mate. And I'm intrigued now as to what it is!

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Balls!!! I obviously didn't follow the instructions closely enough. I wouldn't hold your breath, its not that exciting!
    2007 8P S-line 140 TDI BKD Sportback. Milltek De-cat, Cat-back, AMD remap, 312mm Brake conversion, Bose, Alcantra Leather, BT, Dark Headlining, Piano black trim, courtesy light pack.

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    How do you get the pics to work

Go to "my profile" (top right)

Then go into your photo album and click, "upload photo"

Select photo from your computer

Wait for it to upload...........

Then once its done it and its sitting in your album, it will have been given a "Picture URL" Shows it bottom right underneath the picture.

Then go into the box where you talk to all of us lot in a thread and select the button 3rd from the right "insert image"

That will bring up a box that awaits your Picture URL......

I find when you have lots of pictures to put in a thread to have 2 Audisport windows open.

So you can just copy the Picture URL and paste into the thread via that "insert image button" saves you going backwards and forwards.

Thats how i do it anyway! works fine!
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Status
    I use imageshack, its easy to use.

1st Gear

Status
    YAY!!!! My Pic cherry has been popped. Thanks for all your help. I decided on FlickR before I read the last two posts, so have gone down that route.

1st Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like mould but I'm viewing on my iPhone so it looks smaller than it is.

Im sure a good wet vac would sort that out.

2nd Gear

Status
    Also viewing via phone, it looks like road salt

Cal

2nd Gear

Status
    Wow... I can see none of you live in Canada... lol

Looks like road salt. There is a special cleaner for removing salt deposits from carpets... But a bit of hot water, steam cleaner and a lot of effort if they are hard. Mine last year were half a cm thick in places.

1st Gear

Status
    The pic was taken on my Iphone, and clearly isn't that good! The white area is not on the carpet, its where the carpet pile has come out of the backing, and left nothing else but that backing!

Gievf Buckets

Status
    you sure ist not just salt intrusion

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

2nd Gear

Status
    If it is the carpet pile coming out, something corrosive was spilled... At which point I'd check the floor from underneath.

1st Gear

Status
    I've heard of a recall on the A4's that changed the drain pipe for the bulkhead/heater system/pollen filter area because it was letting in water, and that caused the carpet to rot from underneath and the pile to then come out. Unfortunately the carpet isn't wet at all, so I don't think that's it!