Anyone here using VWRacing ???

Gryphon001

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has had experience with the VW Racing intake?

Just ordered one up from APR since my car was apparently allergic to the Neuspeed P Flo... But for the price they charge I hope I won't regret it.

Whar has been suggested was that the symptoms I had with the Neuspeed were a result of the fuel trims maxing out... The seals were fine on the intake do the only other option was the intake messing with the MAF...

Car would go into random limp modes, no fault codes. Do a fault code erase and it would run even more powerful than normal. Found my DV in 4 pieces... Replaced DV and MAF with no change.

This is the most likely sounding explanation I got from anyone (& I asked a lot of ppl)

"The issue you described is exactly the behavior that occurs when fuel trims max out. The car will run fine for a while and then will go into limp mode. Clearing fault codes would allow power to come back till the fuel trims got too high again (this happens over time). It doesn't always throw a fault code.

The issue has to do with either a leak where the intake connected to the turbo, a leak at the mass airflow housing or an incorrect mass airflow diameter that's so far out of spec, the ECU's unable to compensate. It's one or a combination of these three things as the issue went away once the stock intake was installed."

That was the reply from Arin at APR when I was inquiring about the VWR

Hi mate any links to vw racing intake?

didn't want to say anything but we had a poll on how long it would be before you scraped that POS. You hung out longer than expected. Glad you made the switch

Haven't yet... Lol. The Neuspeed was a definite POS... Hope this will work out.