Did anyone here convert your A3 to S3 2011?

cooldragon224

Reaction score
Hi people

I am looking to convert my a3 tdi 2004 to 2011 S3. However I am not sure what is the price for all the parts and if anyone up here has done it before please let me known what was your experience and how much did it cost.

Cheers

use search there is lots of info on it depends on how far you go 2.5 - 6k is the cost

Diggs, Rich(~RS~), Jag(aa_autos) are a few guys that i have met from here that have done the upgrade and i must say all lovely cars!

Reactions: cooldragon224
use search there is lots of info on it depends on how far you go 2.5 - 6k is the cost

Thats is quite expensive job as my car only worth 6k. I was thinking of spending up to 1.5K for exterior only. Maybe I may just change my mind and do S line bumper lol.

I just looking to get the front bumper and rear bumper only. I want to leave the engine standard as it was. Maybe remap it only :))

it can be done for that price, is your car a 3door, your car will not be MOT futureproof for that price

P5SND, what do you mean won't be MOT futureproof?

Thanks

there are issues with range control and headlight washer requirements comming into the checks for mot's if your system is only hooked up with a kufatec loom you may not have these, and if you do it certainly will not be wired properly

Range Control ?

I assume your talking about washers re xenons ?
Im curious about these changes coming in. I work for Toyota, and some of our cars have Xenons, but no washers.
So i cant see it being a blanket rule.

Yes my car is 3 doors 2004 tdi. I am not sure if I have headlight washer but I will check that out.

You can fit S-Line bumpers without fitting Xenons... Not sure the OP even mentioned Xenons so don't see what the MOT has to do with the exteriors mods?!

I have a complete s line front bumper for sale if you want it pm me.

wouldnt bother m8 it will still be a tdi and every boy racer will wanna burn you up

A 6K car + a 6K conversion is 12K by my calcs so why not buy a early leggy S3 or a nice 20T with the 12K?

It will be faster.
Handle better.
Stop better
Newer.
More reliable (maybe)
And have better residual value `v`Total outlay.

And I would have thought be the time you have declared the `conversion` to the insurance company then the premium wont be that different from an S3 or 20T surely?

If you still NEED economy and are considering an S-Line conversion, then why not a 140/170 Derv S-Line with the 12K.

Or buy one that's already been converted.....

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Personally I HATE look-a-likes and would never have something that doesn't have the power to back-up the looks but each to their own. I think the one above is particularly well done.

Wonder what the stats are for written off S3 `v`S3 Look-a-likes built.?

I would imagine sourcing parts for a full conversion from the dealers would be prohibitive, so where do all the parts come from??

Surely there arent that many S3s being stuffed?
And to write an S3 off, there will certainly be a fair amount of damage and therefore limiting the number of recycleable parts for a look-a-like build?

Tbh this is a huge waste of cash as you wont get the return on such a car when you decide to sell. Just take out a loan and buy the real deal, will cost you less in interest !!

Wait a minute, maybe i'm missing the point here but...........

The OP has clearly said he's looking to spend £1.5k, so why all this talking of £6k and selling his car and buying S3s etc??

He was thinking about doing an S3 conversion but when he heard the costs involved changed his mind.

Reactions: J.R.
Wait a minute, maybe i'm missing the point here but...........

The OP has clearly said he's looking to spend £1.5k, so why all this talking of £6k and selling his car and buying S3s etc??

He was thinking about doing an S3 conversion but when he heard the costs involved changed his mind.

This is AS.net remember, and we are 22 posts in, so the original question is irrelevant now.

I am surprised it took this long actually...

Or buy one that's already been converted.....

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Personally I HATE look-a-likes and would never have something that doesn't have the power to back-up the looks but each to their own. I think the one above is particularly well done.

I have seen this on ebay and I was thinking of buying it but when I read the description,it is cat D car. This is why I let it off.

People I forgot to mention one thing about me is I am 21 next week and I live in london so insurance on actual S3 is madness. I love S3 but since I cant afford for the insurance I want a replica s3. 2.0TDI is not that bad,it still got some power which is still faster than number of car out there.

To be honest I was looking to buy a 1.8T or 2.0T but I drive a lot on motorway so Diesel properly be the best choice for me. At the first place my budget for a new car was 7K. I was looking to buy an a3 with single grills but after spending sometime I couldn't find any a3 with my preferred colour. I was desperate for a new car so I went to some local dealer and I found one with the colour I like. Test drive it and it seems to be smooth with no problem so I just pay for the car and drove it home :)))

Tbh this is a huge waste of cash as you wont get the return on such a car when you decide to sell. Just take out a loan and buy the real deal, will cost you less in interest !!

meh depends on your intentions in the car mine is to eventually become a fancy track mule once it has outdone its usefullness