A3 Cabriolet with Bose.... Is there a Sub Woofer....?

jamesyboy5593

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm new here.

I'm picking up a 59 plate A3 Cab this Friday which happens to have Bose which is nice.

I like a good stereo but have long given up on installing my own and am happy to keep a factory fit system these days.

Anyway I've read that the Bose in an A3 Cab has 8 speakers (from Audi's own literature), 1 central speaker in the Dash, mid/bass and tweeter in each door, and mid/bass in each rear side panel, thats 7 so far, with the 8th being a sub woofer in the boot somewhere.

I've not yet seen the car I'm buying, but I have been to a showroom to look and a new A3 Cab with Bose and I cant find the sub??

It should be in one of the side panels according to the literature, but on one side is what looks like the Amp, and on the other side is the control unit for the roof, so where is the sub????

Has anyone on here got one that can confirm as I'm a bit confused?? Either the literarture is wrong and in fact refers to the hatchback, or they've done a real good job of hiding the sub???

Thanks

James.

I don't have Bose, but I do have 8 speakers - 2 tweeters in the A pillars, 2 mid/bass in the doors, and in the side panels beside the rear seat there are 2 mid/bass & 2 tweeters.

Not sure that any of the cabriolets have a subwoofer (Bose or not), because as you say, one side in the boot has the amp etc, and the other side is mostly full of roof mechanism.

Edit: The MY11 brochure I've got, doesn't seem to mention a sub for the Bose system, just that it has 8 speakers
BOSE®premiumsoundsystem.​
8 high-performance loudspeakers, 6-channel amplifier, total output of 222 Watts with​
specially tuned acoustics. Only in combination with Concert or Symphony radio

Last edited:
Not sure! My hatchback does, but it hasn't got bose! If you put a song on with alot of base, go into the boot, and feel the left hand side of the boots wall, it should be there!

I'll be interested to know too as I'll be ordering mine with BOSE is a few weeks.