Sat Nav for my A3....Should I buy it?

cooldragon224

Reaction score
Hi people

I just got an a3 2004 tdi recently. I am thinking of getting a sat nav/dvd player to make it look good as I like high tech. However I am thinking if I should buy the audi original sat nav or should I go for this one on ebay

AUDI A3 / S3 7" GPS SAT NAV DVD MP3 iPOD BLUETOOTH DIGITAL TV DVB *NEW UK* | eBay

£449 seems to be a bit pricy and over my budget but it does look cool and has got lots of features like Bluetooth,gps,dvd player and you can even add reverse camera to it. However I wonder if anyone up here have used this unit before and if so what was the experience?

I look forward to hear from you guys

to be honest i wouldn't as much as it looks nice and is fully loaded i would stick to a branded one see my build i got pioneer and i love it

I wouldn't look at these devices. A lot of people are complaining that although they pack a lot of features, way more than the oem rns-e, they are not good at anyone. Radio reception is bad, gps not that good, touch screen is very bad and have low redsolution. Overall bad quality.

Yes guys thanks for your comments. To be honest quality is what I am worried about so after reading you guys comments,I have decided not to go for it ;)) I may just go for original Audi sat nav. However if you guy ms got any good recommendation then let known ;))something around 400 quids :))

I have got mk1 RNS-E fitted in my 2004 A3 TDi that I will be replacing with the original head unit and selling soon.
It comes with genuine 2-disc 2011 sat nav discs, 2x 4gb SD cards, genuine rns-e manual and the original audi keycode card with the 4 digit code if you are interested.
It is in 100% mint perfect working order.
Where abouts are you?

the dynavin unit is useless and poor build quality i have had one, also noteable that it only works wth mpeg2 streams for the tv in europe so doesnt work in the uk for tv, g with rns-e i have one for sale at 300 with a nav disc

Reactions: cooldragon224
My sat nav and accessories are now in the classifieds section if you are interested.

I am located in south east london :))I just type the name on google and I found your unit,it seem pretty decent but give me sometime to think :))

Hi, i also saw the dynavin unit for sale and considered fitting it but more and more bad reviews keep coming up. Does anyone know which pioneer units fit a3 black edition 2010??