JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PH1L

Thread: Sat Nav for my A3....Should I buy it?

Reverse Gear

Status

Question Sat Nav for my A3....Should I buy it?

Hi people

I just got an a3 2004 tdi recently. I am thinking of getting a sat nav/dvd player to make it look good as I like high tech. However I am thinking if I should buy the audi original sat nav or should I go for this one on ebay

AUDI A3 / S3 7" GPS SAT NAV DVD MP3 iPOD BLUETOOTH DIGITAL TV DVB *NEW UK* | eBay

£449 seems to be a bit pricy and over my budget but it does look cool and has got lots of features like Bluetooth,gps,dvd player and you can even add reverse camera to it. However I wonder if anyone up here have used this unit before and if so what was the experience?

I look forward to hear from you guys

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    to be honest i wouldn't as much as it looks nice and is fully loaded i would stick to a branded one see my build i got pioneer and i love it

6+1 Gears

Status
    I wouldn't look at these devices. A lot of people are complaining that although they pack a lot of features, way more than the oem rns-e, they are not good at anyone. Radio reception is bad, gps not that good, touch screen is very bad and have low redsolution. Overall bad quality.
    DSG | Vienna Leather | Bose Sound | MFSW | Interior Lights Pack | Light & Rain Sensors | Auto Dimming Mirror Mods: LED RNS-e | FL LED Tail Lights | Bi-Xenons | Illuminated Speaker Grilles | Tinted windows | Chrome Switches | Chrome Paddles&Commands | RS4 Start Button | Cruise Control | S3 Pedals | S3 Roof Spoiler | 18" BBS CH | H&R Spacers 10/15 mm | Bilstein B16 PSS10 | H&R 26/24 ARBs | TT Arms | S3 Front Brakes+DS2500+Tarox F2000 | HEL Brake Lines | VNT20 | EGR&Cooler Delete | Custom Remap

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yes guys thanks for your comments. To be honest quality is what I am worried about so after reading you guys comments,I have decided not to go for it ) I may just go for original Audi sat nav. However if you guy ms got any good recommendation then let known )something around 400 quids )

1st Gear

Status
    I have got mk1 RNS-E fitted in my 2004 A3 TDi that I will be replacing with the original head unit and selling soon.
    It comes with genuine 2-disc 2011 sat nav discs, 2x 4gb SD cards, genuine rns-e manual and the original audi keycode card with the 4 digit code if you are interested.
    It is in 100% mint perfect working order.
    Where abouts are you?

Gievf Buckets

Status
    the dynavin unit is useless and poor build quality i have had one, also noteable that it only works wth mpeg2 streams for the tv in europe so doesnt work in the uk for tv, g with rns-e i have one for sale at 300 with a nav disc
    cooldragon224 likes this.

2007 S3 PhantomSchwartz

Spec | Auto Lights | Black Headlining | RNS-E with 6 CD Changer | Phone Prep | Facelift Tails | MFSW | Cruise | Bluetooth | Adaptive Bi-xenon Headlights |

Mods
    | MY10 Facelift | 75% LED's | Sepang Bronze Facelift Alloys

Plans | LED 3dr tails | BBK Setup | Some BBS | Custom TBE |

Quote Originally Posted by N8
    Yes, but they are OEM Phaeton Helios alloy wheels, not cheap ****e aftermarket piles of poop.

1st Gear

Status
    My sat nav and accessories are now in the classifieds section if you are interested.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am located in south east london )I just type the name on google and I found your unit,it seem pretty decent but give me sometime to think )

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, i also saw the dynavin unit for sale and considered fitting it but more and more bad reviews keep coming up. Does anyone know which pioneer units fit a3 black edition 2010??

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    you could buy my pioneer unit from me
    here is the link Classifieds: Feeler... Pioneer P4200 DVD double din with bluetooth and iPod cable
    Last edited by Ash187; 6th May 2012 at 22:12.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Interior Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift,
    RS3 Grill, 19" RS6, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, S3 brakes, US Centre Console, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.