No PSS10 in Stock for 3 weeks!! How about KW or H&R

NCRAW

Reaction score
As the title suggests. Bilstein Germany are out of stock for 2-3 weeks for the S38P and I have already paid the seller (orange tuning). I need them rather urgent so the seller suggested KW or H&R. What is equal to the PSS10's in the KW and H&R range and is any of the two a good replacement?

I read about the KW V1 and they seem to be equal to the Bilstein B14's. The V2 are like the PSS10's while the V3 have rebound also.

Also which one is more expensive? the PSS10 or the KW V2?

I just want to finish my car but im getting nowhere!!!

i think pss10 are more expensive than v2 IIRC when i was looking. i have kw v3's bought them 2nd hand and i like them, lowered the car enought to improve the looks (so i don't scrape over the speed bumps as those f***rs are huge and are set everywhere) and the handling is improved by much. adjusting them is a bit of hard work and there i think bilsteins are better choice, but seems that new kw products are more user frendly and have easier way of adjusting. for the h&r i don't really know.

With the adjustment. do u have to pull the lining in the boot to access the adjustment knob? What I like about the PSS10 is adjustment is under the car.

I guess another brand is the ZF Sachs ones

Why the hurry Martin?
WHy not just wait until Frank has them in? I can't fault my PSS10's and they really are that easy to adjust!

Problem is that something is wrong with my alignment/toe/camber or something else after installing the brakes. Car just wobbly and jumpy. I dont want to do the tuning twice but i feel i need to fix the problem as I started hearing noises (mre like whine). I got the feeling its the tyre wearing which is not a big deal as i got the Verdesteins waiting to be installed but i hope i have not damaged the wheel bearing or the diff though dont expect it to be that. Also if im doing the clutch then subframe needs to come off which means a need for alignment to make sure its all good.

There is a shop in Germany which has one kit in stock and im hoping that Frank can get it from them and send it. i really set my sight on the PSS10s so hopefully I can get it soon. 3 weeks plus another 3 weeks of delivery (minimum) is way too long :)

I'd wait for pss10. I think they are better than kw or h&r. Kw equivalent woud be the v3 but these are way more diffucult to adjust than pss10 and I don't think they are as good as bilstein.

I can't comment on the Bilsteins as I have the kW v3's on my car,but I do agree with everyone else's comments about the v3's being labour intensive.
They are good,but they do require a LOT of time to adjust to an individual's requirements.

Ok done!! i will wait. I hope he can get it from the other shop and send it soon otherwise its an agonising 5 week wait :(

Thanks guys. appreciate all the help

To be honest he should refund you your money , and email you when there back in stock 5 week wait!

think that newer kw's are easier to adjust, take a look on ther website.