Badger5AH Fabrications
    dan77

Status

Improving S-line ride quality?

Had my 2.0 TDI Quattro s-line for about 18 months and the ride quality is really starting to bug me, what is the easiest and cheapest way to improve it, I've heard H&R springs make a nice difference? Is this the case sorry if this question is a bit basic but I don't really mknow cars anymore, I more of a mountain biker these days
    A3 1.8T sport, revo stage 1, Forge 007, Green cotton panel filter, TTpedals. . . . . SOLD
    Golf GTTDI 130 . . . . . SOLD

Current 2006 A3 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line, Revo stage one, chrome pedals, black grill, full interior and number plate LEDs retro fitted cruise control,

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    H&R springs in combination with your S-line dampers providing your car is the right side of 40k miles - otherwise it may be worht sourcing some lower mileage/new dampers too!

2nd Gear

Status
    Do the H&R springs increase roll as a consequence of the improved ride quality, how much do they improve the ride quality by?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

5th Gear

Status
    Reduces the roll and reduces the crashiness of the S-line suspension too - will lower your ride height by 10-15mm too (if you buy the lower ones). Feels much more predictable at speed and in corners

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds pretty tempting!! I have a sport so i think i would wanna upgrade my dampers aswell, what dampers go well with the h&r springs

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

dan77

Status
    All I do now is motorway commutes so all I reall want is the comfort!!!
    A3 1.8T sport, revo stage 1, Forge 007, Green cotton panel filter, TTpedals. . . . . SOLD
    Golf GTTDI 130 . . . . . SOLD

Current 2006 A3 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line, Revo stage one, chrome pedals, black grill, full interior and number plate LEDs retro fitted cruise control,

2nd Gear

Status
    I find the ride on my sport just about ok, but i am about to fit 18 inch wheels so i think it will become too harsh so i could really do with a more comfortable set up

Chris

1st Gear

Status
    iv had my h&r springs on for a month now and love the new setup. Going to be looking at getting billie b8 dampers just shortly as i want a less bouncy ride and dont want to ruin my sline dampers.

6th Gear

Status
    When i had my A3 the first i did was put some Eibach springs on, the ride was transformed. Then i put some coilovers on and ruined the ride again.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    To improve the S-Line ride quality, you need to remove the S-Line ride

1st Gear

Status
    sorry to hijack you thread but it seems relevant to ask here, I'm looking to change my springs to lower my A3 8P Sport with just over 80K on the clock, do you think i would just need springs or anything more?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mathu View Post
    sorry to hijack you thread but it seems relevant to ask here, I'm looking to change my springs to lower my A3 8P Sport with just over 80K on the clock, do you think i would just need springs or anything more?
    Personally a car of that mileage i would go for a full springs and shocks kit. As you will only have to take everything back off again when a shock does give out.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_rab View Post
    Personally a car of that mileage i would go for a full springs and shocks kit. As you will only have to take everything back off again when a shock does give out.
    does anyone have any idea where to get a set of shocks and should i go for genuine or after markets?

flying oyster

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3 View Post
    When i had my A3 the first i did was put some Eibach springs on, the ride was transformed. Then i put some coilovers on and ruined the ride again.
    lmao i fitted coillies and have never been happy going back to springs soon just trying to decide what shocks to get
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Robin you would have never ruined the ride by fitting KW V1s, I don't know why people are so scared of coilovers on this forum, it's like everyone on here lives in the 1800's

flying oyster

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Robin you would have never ruined the ride by fitting KW V1s, I don't know why people are so scared of coilovers on this forum, it's like everyone on here lives in the 1800's
    i was scared of the price and the size of speed bumps in wimbledon i should of saved up more and bought a better set not the cheap ebay cheese ones i have lol
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods